Glow With Tea Tree Oil

I must apologize my dear readers. I have been hiding something from you this past week!

img 1048 thumb   Glow With Tea Tree Oil

This Australian Tea Tree Oil is AMAZING.

I started using it last week to compliment my Project Glow Routine. I bought this last summer and never ended up using it for some reason (I think it got lost in the back of my cabinet!).

I didn’t want to post about it right away because I wanted to be sure that I liked it.

The Pros:

• Amazing smell (did you know that you can use Tea tree Oil as a vaporizer for congestion??)
  • Amazing tingly feeling (just a tiny bit, but wow does my face sparkle after using this)
  • Kills bacteria that create pimples!

The Only Con:

• It is a bit drying so I use it very sparingly, focusing on problem spots like the T zone.

I think I got this at either Wal-Mart or Shoppers Drug Mart. I can’t remember. I will keep my eyes peeled for it next time I am there!

Does anyone else use Tea Tree Oil?

Do you know of any other uses for it?

On the bottle it says that you can also use TTO for insect bites, cuts, welts, etc! COOL! :)

food thumb19   Glow With Tea Tree Oil

img 1028 thumb   Glow With Tea Tree Oil

I must confess. I am cheating on kale with another green veggie today!

I tried something new in today’s Green Monster!

Avocado!!! :)

The ingredients:

• 2 organic kale leaves
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 serving extra firm organic PC tofu
  • 1/2 frozen ripe banana
  • 1 1/4 cup Almond Breeze in Original
  • 1 T flax
  • ice

This was one of my smoothest and most delicious smoothies yet! I loved the avocado in it.

This smoothie is packed with protein, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats!

img 1029 thumb   Glow With Tea Tree Oil

Mmm. Smoothness.

Also, check out Melanie’s first green monster!

facts thumb   Glow With Tea Tree OilThis morning I had a really important meeting with a town representative to discuss my bakery! He was super helpful and friendly and quite enjoyed hearing about the journey of how I got to where I am today.

There are a ton of things to apply for and get approved for when you start your own business, especially one that involves food.

We talked about Zoning By Laws for running a bakery from the house. Each city is different for what it requires so I suggest if you are looking into starting your own business please check with your town zoning department. Our water was also tested to ensure that it is bacteria and containment free.

All and all the meeting went really well and I feel really good about the progress that is being made. I am making sure to dot my i’s and cross my t’s because I want everything to be according to the rules and regulations of the city.

Many of you have asked me for advice on starting up your own business. Several of you have even emailed me about your desire to start up your own bakery!

What I am going to do is put a post together outlining the steps that I have taken to start up my business. One thing I learned very quickly is that starting up a bakery involves much, much more work than I ever anticipated.

The truth is there is a ton of work involved in getting this thing going. Including lots of consulting, paper work, studying, researching, marketing, and tracking!

Every business has that, even if it is a ‘fun’ business.

So yes, I will be doing a post outlining the steps I have taken for those of you who will find it beneficial! I can’t promise it right away but it is on the radar. :)

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!

I will ‘see’ you this afternoon! :)

angela signature thumb28   Glow With Tea Tree Oil

Today’s question: If you could start up your own business, what would it be and why?

Jessica May 12, 2009

I’ve grown-up using tea tree oil, and love the stuff! It’s a great all purpose product for drying up acne, on cuts, bug bites, fingus, etc. If I ever have something that needs ointment I always try this stuff out first.

Moran (The Running Addict) May 12, 2009

Hi Angela!
I actually got another use if anybody has a very sore throat!
Put 3 or 4 drops in some warm water and just gargle it (DON’T swallow!) It really does kill bacteria!

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) May 12, 2009

Tea tree oil is amazing! If you mix equal parts tea tree oil and water you can disinfect your yoga mat =) I bet it’s wonderful for skin care!

weight and meditate May 12, 2009

What a great idea for the smoothie! Yes, I bet getting a bakery together is a huge undertaking…are you doing all the baking from your home?

Leah @ Simply Fabulous May 12, 2009

I use Tea Tree cleanser from The Body Shop. It is amazing!! There is also a Tea Tree spot treatment that I love.

WEIRD I was going to use the rest of my avocado in my smoothie the other day but didn’t because I used it on my wrap instead. Get out of my head!! haha!

e. May 12, 2009

Tea tree oil didn’t work for me when I used it last, but I was eating a lot of junk then, so maybe I should give it another whirl!

(BTW, my green monster this morning featured spinach and watercress! Yesterday I had beet greens!)

Ang, when I was in law school I worked with a few pro-bono clients who were trying to operate bakery-type business out of their homes. We found it was easier from a zoning stand point to claim it was an in-home catering business that would do the prep at home and service clients off-site (this avoids the concerns of customer traffic in residential neighborhoods). Of course, I’m not a Canadian lawyer so you should run this buy whoever your legal counsel is. :-)

Michelle Hisae May 12, 2009

I have that Tea Tree Oil. Try their face wash – it’s incredible. I got mine at Trader Joe’s for all you Americans out there!

Rosie May 12, 2009

A lot of people use tea tree oil to kill Lice and also to prevent Lice. A lot of teachers use it in shampoo form to keep from getting Lice during a break out. Yes there is a lot of Lice in schools. It works wonders on cuts and bug bites.

Bec May 12, 2009

I use it on bug bites all the time in the spring!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 12, 2009

Wow amazing tips everyone!!!! :) Thank you!

Valerie May 12, 2009

I love tea tree oil. I use the Body Shop cleanser a couple times a week. When I was a bit younger, it was the only cleanser I tried that basically kept me free of breakouts.

If I could start my own business, I’d have to say it would be a bakery or restaurant. I worked as a pastry assistant at a resort the past 3 summers and it was such a fun job! It’s definitely something I could imagine doing as a career.

Saima May 12, 2009

Angela–this is kinda random…..but, i wanted to know the makeup trick you use that the light always beautifully hits your face in photographs? Thanx!!

Gillian May 12, 2009

I am a huge fan of tea tree oil! If I ever have any problems with pimples or have gotten rid of a blackhead I dab on a little tea tree oil to disinfect it! I also use it on cuts! I usually follow tea tree oil a little bit later with some polysporin so that it can heal :)

Jenna May 12, 2009

That smoothie looks so creamy and just down right amazing!! :) thanks for the tea tree oil info! I can’t wait to read your starting a business post!

Megan May 12, 2009

Funny you posted about starting your own business. I thought about making that my blog topic for today! I’m seriously considering starting my own freelance graphic design business from home. I just need to find the time aside from my current job to do some research. :-\

Would love any tips/advice from you! That would be awesome! :-)

Christina May 12, 2009

Yay, so happy you’re planning on posting a outline of steps you had to take to begin Glo Bakery. It will be really helpful for me since I’ve been toying with the idea of starting something!

Hallie May 12, 2009

I would love to have a social media consulting business or freelance writing gigs. I think I have something to offer potential clients…but just don’t know how to start something like that up! So I can’t wait to hear more about what you are doing, because in some aspects, business is business is business…right??

Shelby May 12, 2009

I used to use TTO but it was way too drying to my skin! Eek!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) May 12, 2009

Mmm avocado!

brandi May 12, 2009

ooh, i’ll have to try the avocado in the green smoothie. i have some in the fridge.

My own business? I would love to have a coffee shop that served coffee, tea, baked goods (healthy and not), etc. OR a gourmet kitchen/food store with just tons of stuff.

Rose May 12, 2009

I swear by tea tree oil in ALL formats. It’s the only thing that helps me have clear skin – my skin used to be terrible.

Heather May 12, 2009

I’m loving all these green monster variations! I still haven’t tried tofu, but I’m planning on it soon. Now I’m going to have to try out avocado!

That’s so exciting with the bakery! It sounds like the plans are finally getting put into action! You’re definitely going to be an amazing baker! :D

Diana (Soap & Chocolate) May 12, 2009

I’m so impressed with how you are going after your bakery dream! I can imagine how some of the un-fun bits could be a nightmare though. But if that’s your passion then it’s so awesome that you’re pursuing it – I hope to do the same in life!

Casey_Leigh May 12, 2009

Love the idea of avocado in a smoothie. I bet that was delicious.

Great tips on uses of tea tree oil! I had no idea it could be used for so many things. Thanks for sharing.

Milca May 12, 2009

Wow, you crazy girl!! You put anything and everything in your green monster!!

Kris May 12, 2009

I use Body Shop Tea tree oil facial cleanser and Tea tree oil toner. Love it!

mi May 12, 2009

i used to use tea tree oil in my teen years for those annoying pimples! most of the time, they worked a treat – but, teenage hormone craziness sometimes just could not be quenched by anything! so glad my skin graduated from that phase ;)

you are doing so great with setting up your business – you really have your head screwed on about it all! it would be so easy to dream up something like this, but i’m sure very few people could actually put it into practice. can’t wait to hear more of your adventures!

Katrina (gluten free gidget) May 12, 2009

A meal delivery service for people with food allergies!

Krista May 12, 2009

I have a tea tree oil foot scrub! You’re right….it has an awesome scent! :)

ttfn300 May 12, 2009

i can’t imagine all the things to think about, i know nothing about business!!! i’d have a bed and breakfast i think :)

Lydia May 12, 2009

I have heard, but haven’t tried myself, using tea tree oil as a deoderant?! Curious now, if any other readers have heard about this use? I love the smell, maybe it would work?

Christin May 13, 2009

I use rose water as a toner and add a few drops of tea tree oil to keep me acne-free – it works a treat!

Congratulations of a fantastic blog, I’m adicted!

Jenn (eating bender) May 13, 2009

Ooh tea tree oil! That sounds lovely – especially for the T-zone, where I tend to have the most shine.

I’m so excited for you and Glo Bakery. I know it’s going to be a lot of hard work, but considering how fantastic your blog is, I have no doubt that the result will be amazing!

Natalie M. May 18, 2009

It’s also a natural insect repellent. If you notice ants or other creepy crawlies on your countertop or ledge… just sprinkle tea tree oil and they run for zee hills!

Mariah August 3, 2009

hi I was wondering if tea tree oil dries out the skin?

Krysten October 27, 2009

Hi there!

All I can say is wow, you are so inspiring. I discovered your website last night, just looking up kale smoothie recipes. And so thankful I came across your site. Cause I have been addicted since last night! I am about to go shopping right now cause I am so excited. I actually work at Whole foods also. I started working there mainly because I enjoy and love so very much, learning about health foods, and it just puts makes me so happy to learn and discover new products from customers and distributors. I learn something new everyday by working there.

Anyway- I still love and shop at TJ’s also, obviously. -can’t beat their prices even with my whole foods discounts. I discovered tea tree oil, when I was very sunburned and very afraid of peeling like I have every time before, Tea tree oil can be used for acne fighting, your supposed to dilute it when applying it on your face, I don’t,but you probably should. It truly works. it’s amazing to me. I didn’t peel when I put it on my extremely burned face. it was amazing. I love the oil.

I will be a regular reader from now on! thank you so much I am going to try allllllll of your recipes.