Clean Sweep

Every Monday and Thursday morning I do a top to bottom kitchen cleaning. The only part I don’t like about it is that I have to use a Bleach solution to sanitize (as per food safety regulations). If you’d believe it I actually wear a face mask so I don’t have to breathe in the fumes!

img 1008 thumb   Clean Sweep

However, I love these non-toxic stainless steel wipes by Method. They work amazing!

img 0998 thumb   Clean Sweep

I have tried other brands of wipes out there, but they always left my appliances streaky. These ones leave no streaks and are earth-friendly! I buy method products from Shoppers Drug Mart (they often go on sale too!).

My mid morning snack was a raw granola bar right out of the freezer (SO GOOD!!!!!!!):

img 0786 thumb2   Clean Sweep

Food processor before using wipes:

img 0997 thumb   Clean Sweep

And after:

img 0999 thumb   Clean Sweep

You can’t really see it in the pictures but the wipes make the appliances GLOW:

Before…

img 1000 thumb   Clean Sweep

After:

img 1002 thumb   Clean Sweep

2 after pictures:

img 1004 thumb   Clean Sweep img 1005 thumb   Clean Sweep

I got this dish rack for only $5.98 CAD at Wal Mart!

img 1007 thumb   Clean Sweep

img 1016 thumb   Clean Sweep

The kitchen cleaning takes me the entire morning. By lunch I was starving and couldn’t wait to give my arms a break from the scrubbing.

img 1010 thumb   Clean Sweep

Lunch was leftover Vegan Cheesy Pasta!

To reheat it I simply added a bit of Almond Milk (1 T?) and reheated in the microwave for 1-2 mins. Then I stirred it very well to get it creamy again.

img 1012 thumb   Clean Sweep

I added 3/4 cup or so of mixed veggies for more nutritional bang.

Along with two Dempster’s Procardio Bread slices, an organic granny smith apple, and PC organic white tea:

img 1013 thumb   Clean Sweep img 1014 thumb   Clean Sweep

img 1011 thumb   Clean Sweep

And 2 Belgian chocolate rounds (54% cocoa). A splurge worthy dessert!!

img 1015 thumb   Clean Sweep

fundraising thumb1   Clean Sweep

Shop 4 A Cause has an official Auction date!

untitled thumb   Clean Sweep

The auction will be held on next Tuesday May 19, 2009

Please mark your calendars and tell your family and friends about this great cause!!!!

If you have a blog, I would really appreciate it if you could give this auction a shout out and let people know about it!

Remember, 100% of the proceeds are going to the Canadian Cancer Society! Every penny you spend will be going to a fabulous cause toward a CURE for CANCER.

Did I mention there are fabulous items up for auction? There are also many other items not included in this slideshow too!

Do you want to donate an item? You still have until Wednesday May 13, 2009 to send me your information! It may seem like junk to you, but it could be someone else’s treasure!

On the auction day (May 19th), all of the items will be posted in one post including pictures and the description. It will be a silent auction. In other words, you will email me your bid for the item. The bidding will begin at 8am EST and will go until 11pm EST of the same day. Throughout the entire auction, I will be updating the bids on the page!

During the last 2 hours of the auction (9pm-11pm EST), I will allow you to send me your MAXIMUM bid in addition to your current bid. This way if the bidding gets intense, I will know what your maximum bid is, should you chose to do this. That is optional.

Note: I am checking into tax receipts.

If you have any questions or comments please email me: ohsheglows@gmail.com

I am really excited about this and I know it is going to be truly an amazing day!! :) Thank you to each and every one of you for your amazing support.

Note: The auction is open to WORLD WIDE!!! There are tons of items for Canada, US and world wide shipping too!

angela signature thumb26   Clean Sweep

Today’s question: What is your least favourite type of cleaning or housework? And your favourite?

My least favourite is the shower and toilets- no matter how much I do them, I never ever enjoy it! lol.

My most favourite would probably be organizing my closet or vacuuming. I love some nice vacuum streaks in the carpet! :)

Maggie May 11, 2009

I love Mrs. Meyers products for cleaning. They’re all natural and environmentally friendly, and they WORK. The countertop spray is my favorite, but I like the all purpose cleaner too. You should check them out if they have them in Canada! They recently started being sold at Target, so they’re definitely becoming more widespread.

Karen May 11, 2009

Good on ya for wearing face masks! Our lungs are quite delicate, and not well equipped to handle bi-weekly bleach baths! Those raw bars look AMAZING- need to make those!

I wanted to post the link again here about how soy “meat” is made, as I think it may get lost at the bottom of this mornings comments…

I just really hate how “food” manufactures care nothing for peoples health and will prey upon people to make a dollar- sounds like drug dealers!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous May 11, 2009

Want to come over and clean my kitchen?? It sure needs it!!

Lunch looks great. I’m not sure if i’ve ever had Belgian chocolate.. I must have -I eat all chocolate haha.

Erin May 11, 2009

Toilets are, by far, my least favorite. Ew.

Hey, is your Auction just for Canadians?

brandi May 11, 2009

beautiful lunch!

i need to clean my kitchen :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 11, 2009

Krista May 11, 2009

There is nothing I enjoy about cleaning. Period. I do like the 30 seconds that it stays clean after I’m done, though! :)

I have to emaiol you tonight with 2 items for the auction. I keep forgetting!!!

Crunchy Granola Girl May 11, 2009

I love cleaning my own room but hate cleaning up after my messy roommates…think week-old dirty dishes (ewe)

Leila May 11, 2009

I don’t know if this counts, but I love doing laundry, I think it’s more the feel and smell of freshly laundered clothes/linens.

Can’t wait to see all the items up for auction.

Jenna May 11, 2009

I hate cleaning showers! Yuck! I do love a clean kitchen! :)

Jennifer @ His N' Her Health May 11, 2009

I love method products. They have a great wood cleaner too that I use if you have wood floors! My least favorite is showers and toilets too. My favorite is organizing closets, bedrooms, desks, etc. It just feels SO good when everything has a place!

BethAnn Caputo May 11, 2009

Okay…even your kitchen glows!! Enough said :)

AlliJag May 11, 2009

I can not get over how great that vegan mac and cheese looks!

Jo @ Seeking Healthy Balance May 11, 2009

Love cleaning the kitchen but hate bathrooms. I love the smell of citrussy cleaners!

I can’t wait for the auction and pleased to hear it covers worldwide. I’ve given you a shout over on my blog and will do again on the day!

Run Sarah May 11, 2009

I hate cleaning the kitchen, don’t mind anything else. I need to check out those wipes, I find the ones I have to be SO streaky.

Heather May 11, 2009

I just have to say, your kitchen is beautiful! I love the countertops and the stainless steel. So pretty (and clean ;) )!

Great idea mixing the veggies in the leftovers. It actually still looks pretty delicious even leftover – most of the time mac and cheese gets pretty icky looking by the next day!

LindsayH May 11, 2009

just a note….for US residents who receive a product or service in exchange for a donation, only the amount beyond “fair market value” is tax deductable. so just for example, if i bid on a massage package valued at $200 and won it for $199, i wouldn’t be able to take any amount as a deduction.

Lauren May 11, 2009

I like vacuuming, it’s therapeutic. I used to hate cleaning the kitchen, but since being married I love it. Weird huh?
But I TOTALLY hate laundry. AHH! Why can’t there be a laundry fairy?

P.s. the Vegan Mac and Cheese looks AWESOME! I’m gonna have to try it!

Kayzilla May 11, 2009

I’m excited to see how the auction goes! :D
BTW Angela, do have any idea when (if you’re still going to put one up, anyway) you’ll have the OSG forum up? Juuust wondering.

I hate cleaning bathroom sinks or showers. It’s like.. the hairiest part of the house and I can never get the hair off! And once I get the hair on the sponge or towel, it just spreads! GAHH!

But I love laundry and vacuuming. It’s very easy to space out and enjoy the task when you do those. :)

Sara May 11, 2009

I love a clean kitchen! I just don’t want to be the one cleaning it.

I made your raw chocolate chip cookies this weekend. They were sooooooo good. http://monkeyeats.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/weekend-blurr/

Thanks for the great recipes.

AshB May 11, 2009

have you tried the sweetened almond milk? is there a big difference between the sweetened and unsweetened??

Lindsay May 11, 2009

my roommate and i LOVE the method cleaning wipes. it’s the first thing we look for whenever we go to target. and thanks for inspiring me to clean the bathroom!

Heather(OHIO) May 11, 2009

This might be strange but it think watching people vacuuming is relaxing. Anyone else feel that way?

Christina May 11, 2009

Your kitchen look spotless! I love the few days after a good cleaning when everything’s perfect. But that’s all it usually lasts for in my house!

ESHAT May 13, 2009

I’ve read that lemon juice and peroxide disinfect better than bleach solution.. you spray the lemon juice first and then the peroxide. hope that works better than breathing in that stuff lol