Full House

food thumb5   Full House

YUM.

img 0453 thumb1   Full House img 0454 thumb1   Full House

Lunch today was off the hook!

img 0455 thumb1   Full House img 0456 thumb1   Full House

Hi, my name is Angela and I am an English Muffin addict.

With some leftover ‘Everything but the kitchen sink’ lentil and split pea soup:

img 0457 thumb1   Full House  img 0452 thumb1   Full House

Meow.

img 0451 thumb1   Full House

Homemade Black Bean Burger:

• Whole wheat english muffin
  • 1/2 avocado
  • bunch of fresh dill (still using this up!)
  • 1 homemade black bean patty

For dessert, I had one of my raw Chocolate Chip Cookie balls.

img 0477 thumb2   Full House

They seriously got BETTER the next day. You need to make these, I’m telling you! :D

My day has been going along very well and I have made a lot of progress today with Glo Bakery stuff. The renos are going well too. The water softener is now installed after about 4 hours of work. My brother Chris has done all the drywall, patched all the holes back up, and installed the potlights. Things are looking awesome! :)

img 0488 thumb1   Full House img 0489 thumb1   Full House img 0490 thumb1   Full House img 0487 thumb1   Full House

MY MIL and DIL’s cats are here this week too and Sketchie is in cat buddy heaven!!  All 3 cats LOVE each other. Look who I found UNDER my bed!!!! What the heck!? lol.

img 0493 thumb1   Full House

Sketchie in 7th heaven:

img 0494 thumb1   Full House

Let’s just say our house is like a 3 ring circus this week! haha.

However, by far the most most exciting part of my day was these two gems:

img 0484 thumb1   Full House

img 0485 thumb   Full House

To be fair, I did use a gift card that I have for Chapters bookstore (thanks mom!). :) I have been wanting to buy these books for AGES now and I am so excited to try out the recipes!!!

I am also eyeing, Ani’s Raw Food Desserts, but I didn’t have enough to get all 3 today! I will put that on my birthday list. :)

517wlzrrmpl ss500 thumb   Full House

Does anyone have any of these books? If so what is your favourite recipe? I am so excited to finally try the Super Charge me cookies that Jenna has been raving about for months!

I got 2 quotes today for my marketing materials. One word- EXPENSIVE! The quotes were much more than I was hoping so I am going to keep looking and exploring my options. I want to do this cool green metallic foil on my business cards and I can’t figure it out on print100.com.

I have big plans coming up on Oh She Glows! The ideas are oozing out of me and I just need to find the time to do it all. An upcoming project is an OSG Discussion forum! Eric is going to help me with this soon. It is going to be a lot of work, but I think it will be so worth it!

Today’s question: Do you think you would benefit from having a forum on OSG where you could post health, fitness, nutrition, beauty, fashion, etc questions to myself and other readers? As well as share recipes and other ideas with readers?

angela signature thumb7   Full House

Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

~Albert Schweitzer

Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 4, 2009

Gave you a little link love today :)
I think a forum would be a great idea, but forums can be ridiculously hard to control unless you’re willing to moderate 24/7!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now May 4, 2009

I agree with Mara… other than trying to moderate it I think it’d be a good idea! The blogging community is generally a friendly one, but I dread to think of some other readers out there who may be not-so-friendly.

Loved lunch today!
Those books look so good! I’ll have to check ‘em out. I had a look at some raw food books in my bookstore excursion last week.

Run Sarah May 4, 2009

I think a forum would be so much fun – I’d love to see one :) Love your lunch, it looks awesome today!

Briana May 4, 2009

That raw cookie dough looks so good, am simple too. I might have to make some. :)

Hannah May 4, 2009

Your lunch looks delicious! Did you make that black bean burger? If so, do you have a recipe you could share with us? I love black bean burgers!

Also, I had a question that maybe you could put on your next FAQ. Regarding calcium, I know there is some in kale, bok choy, collard greens, etc, but don’t the greens also have iron in them? I know that iron and calcium can’t be absorbed at the same time. And what about fortified milks with iron-containing foods? What if I want to have soymilk with oat bran which contains iron? Or a green smoothie which has calcium from the soymilk with iron from the spinach? I’m just wondering your thoughts on this. Maybe there is no perfect “meal” to get your calcium. What do you think?
Sorry for rambling!

Marissa May 4, 2009

I like the forum idea!

Megan May 4, 2009

MMM Your going to love the Super Charge Me Cookies! I just had one for dessert. They are the best!

Shelby May 4, 2009

LOVE those two books! I can’t wait to get Ani’s book as well =)

Kari @ Running, living, eating, learning May 4, 2009

I LOVE English Muffins :D But my favourite are the fruit ones…for some reason I much prefer them to regular fruit bread.

I think the forum is a great idea but you sound super busy already and it might take up a lot of time!

Victoria May 4, 2009

Love VCTOTW. It’s one of my go tos for dessert inspiration!

Lauren May 4, 2009

An OSG discussion forum would be AWESOME!!! I would definitely read it!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) May 4, 2009

VCTOTW is awesome!!!!!!! You’ll love it!

Jennifer May 4, 2009

I think a forum is an awesome idea as well!

Bec May 4, 2009

everything is going along so well with the renos

Ashley May 4, 2009

Eat Drink and Be Vegan is amazing. I’ve made a few different recipes – cashew ginger tofu (amazing), thai corn coconut stew (delightful), lemony basil pasta (wonderful), cashew basil pesto (good, but not as good as the lemony pasta) Everything has been great.

I also have Vegan Cupcakes take over the world. So far I think I’ve only made the simple low-fat cupcakes but they were quite nice!! I’ve been meaning to make some of the others… I think I’ll do that very soon.

I like the idea of a forum. You are amazing!!

Christina May 4, 2009

Mmm mashed avocado with garlic salt is my favorite burger topping!

I think the forum would be a great idea too :)

Priyanka May 4, 2009

Yummy lunch! The forum sounds like a great idea, but it will surely keep you on your toes with the moderation and other things!

Jennifer May 4, 2009

My cat always sleeps under the blankets. I have accidentally sat on him a few times. I think a forum is a good idea but again, people might be negative. I was telling my mom I was going to start a blog and she said when she posts on forums she gets a lot of negativity back and I had to explain to her it was different. If you have the time to moderate it thought it would be a great idea!

Crunchy Granola Girl May 4, 2009

Thanks for the comment Angela! I think a discussion forum would be great!

weight and meditate May 4, 2009

The cats are SO cute! I want to reach through the screen and pet them. I agree with the others about the forum…are you going to moderate or just try to set it up as a “positive and loving vibes only” kinda place?

ari May 4, 2009

i don’t know if i would have much to contribute to the forum but i would definitely benefit from and enjoy reading it! i think it’s a great idea

Erin May 4, 2009

I’m salivating over your raw cookie dough balls.

tj May 4, 2009

Your lunch looks delish!

Ever try Thomas’s Double Fiber Honey Wheat English Muffins? They are yummy!

:) tj

Help Meghan Run May 4, 2009

I have been dying to make the Super Charge Me cookies ever since the recipe was posted online. Mmm, can’t wait. And yes, a forum would be awesome!

www. HelpMeghanRun .com

Kayzilla May 4, 2009

OMG! A forum?! FOR REALS?!

I’m so excited! I’ve been thinking that would be a good idea, but never got the chance to suggest it (since I figured it must’ve been suggested multiple times.)

I loooove forums. I’m a total forum junkie. I’d post lots, I promise. XD Just having a positive community full of OSG members would be just.. -swoon- ahh mazing~.

Heather May 4, 2009

I love the idea of avocado on a bean-burger! I’ve gotta try this one out too! Geez, you are definitely adding to my “to-try” list Angela ;)

I think I forum is a great idea! As you know, I ask a lot of questions ;) . This would be a great way to make sure they all get answered and get the attention and opinions of others as well. We can always e-mail you with something more personal, but when we just want an opinion or advice, a forum would be a great resource to turn to!

Kiersten May 4, 2009

Both of those cookbooks are terrific! I haven’t tried a single recipe from either of them that I didn’t like. Have fun trying them out!

Your raw cookie dough balls sound really good, I’ve never tried any raw snacks/desserts before. I may have to give these ones a try though!

Kris May 4, 2009

You mean SIL right, cause you are way too young to have a DIL

;)

Courtney May 5, 2009

I think all of that gardening has gone to your head girl, there’s some weeds in your muffin, muffin! :)

Amanda May 5, 2009

I’m just curious, where do you get your English muffins? They look amazing!!!

Niki (The Vintage Artist) May 5, 2009

A forum would be great fun! Your burger looks very yummy. xx

Jenna May 5, 2009

Your lunch looks really good!! Again, those raw cookie balls looks freaking AMAZING! I have to make some stat. ;)

Your ideas for your blog sound interesting. I can’t wait to see them .

brandi May 5, 2009

looks like the work is going well!

that burger/soup lunch combo looks awesome. I love avocado.

Leila May 5, 2009

Holy that sandwich looks amazing! I think a forum would be a great idea, but to what some other commenters have said, it may be a hefty ask on you to moderate. You could always give it a try and if it’s just too much, pull back a bit, I’m pretty sure most of your readers would completely understand.

Sophia May 5, 2009

that sandwich looks SO amazing with all that green stuffed in it! a forum sounds great, I say go for it and give it a try. if it gets to be too much for you, you can always stop and we’ll understand! but at least you would have the experience and the comfort that you tried it!

Kelly May 5, 2009

The cupcake cookbook is awesome! I am not vegan, but I use those recipes because I find it easier to keep soy milk and vinegar in the house than I do eggs. I just made the basic chocolate cupcakes on Sunday using rice milk and they were SUPER moist – more so than when I use soy milk, but they still taste delish. I pop the extras in the freezer so I don’t eat them all at once, and plus then they get super chewy and delicious.

Lindsay May 5, 2009

I think a forum would be great, but you’re already doing so much! I’d hate for you to get annoyed by all our questions!

amy (veganissexy) May 5, 2009

OOooooh I love VCTOTW. It was one of the first vegan cookbooks I bought. I’ve made the peanut butter cupcakes, of course, and the simple chocolate ones. I’ve also made the chocolate mouse frosting and it was good for a healthier frosting. Be prepared to be dreaming of cupcakes for about a week :) I’d totally chat it up in your forum btw :) great idea :)

Diana May 5, 2009

I think a forum would be great!
Diana

Nicole May 5, 2009

Gorgeous cats!! and food!! I am glad I found your blog!

Page 1 of 212»