What I Wore, The Uncool Version

fashion

Recently a reader named Beth emailed me asking me to do a Fashion feature on what I wear on any given day. After checking to make sure that she emailed the right person, I asked her if it was a joke.

I don’t consider myself to make much of a fashion statement with what I wear.

Generally I dress for comfort, unless we are of course talking about my 4 inch stilettos.

img_1009

Yesterday, at the funeral, I was asked by a man how I fit my toes in the end. LOL. I love this question.

I tried explaining to him that the toes don’t go into the pointy part, to which he replied, “Must have some short feet!”

Oh man I needed that laugh!

Since I love What I Wore and I did promise you guys some Fashion on here, I decided to give Beth’s idea a shot. I will do “What I Wore, The Uncool Version” :D

I have never followed fashion trends. I mean if it looks good on my body I will wear it, but I won’t wear something trendy usually. I am a pretty basic gal when it comes to my clothing!

Here is today’s What I Wore 1st Segment.

Morning Outdoor Run:

IMG_9729

Putting on the knee sleeves!

What I Wore:

• 2 knee sleeves
  • Polar RS200 HRM
  • White Nike Cap (Purchased in 2006 at outlet store for 60% off)
  • Lululemon Reverse Groove Pants (from 2006 and still kicking, even though the lulu symbols have come off!)
  • Pink Lululemon tank purchased in Spring 2007? (Sorry I forget the name of it, but it has a funky, open + crossed back)
  • IPod Shuffle
  • Blister Proof socks (they lie!)

Later on today…

IMG_9731

• $5 Old Navy Yellow Flip Flops
  • OPI Nail Polish in Feelin Hot Hot Hot (Spring 2009)

IMG_9756

Some Blue Notes Board Shorts that I ‘borrowed’ from my sister, wink wink*

IMG_9739

I think these must be from pre-2004 and they are still as good as new! Amazing!

IMG_9748

A used Lululemon Shape Jacket bought off Ebay for under $40 CAD (regular price is $100 CAD + tax!)

IMG_9738

I am all about bright and bold colours. I find they make my skin glow.

IMG_9737

And a pair of favourite Swarovski earrings from my mom. These are my go-to earrings!

IMG_9750

And there you have it! Pretty basic, right?

Today’s Question: What is your style like?

I have always been a big nature girl, who likes soft and feminine clothing. I am a girly girl, but my basic wear is always super comfortable. I hate synthetic fabrics!

fitness

I had a wonderful run outside today in the sunshine!

Man, I have missed my outdoor workouts.

I find the runs outside FLY by…I could literally keep going and going!

I even had some new songs on the Shuffle which was a fun way to mix it up. I will be posting my playlist later!

Today I tested out my calibration on my Foot Pod to see if it was correct. I measured the distance of a nearby street on Map My Route so I knew what my HRM ‘should’ read for the distance. We also measured it with the car just to make sure. I was happy to find out that it was dead on. I was happy that I didn’t have to recalibrate it!

Today’s workout:

• Duration: 37 mins.
  • Max heart rate: 173 bpm (going up hill)
  • Avg heart rate: 154 bpm
  • Feel the burn: 317 kcals
  • Distance run: 3.49 miles (oops, I went over my training plan! It was just too easy outside!)
  • Average pace: 10:30 minute mile

As I mentioned, only near the end of my workout did I realize that I was going to go over my mileage on the run! I didn’t mean to, but I was just having such a great time outside! I was anticipating only running 2.8 miles today, but ah well. I did cut it short once I saw where my mileage was at so it could have been near 4 miles today!

I did lots of leg stretching when I came home, including the yoga pose ‘dead bug’- I love this stretch for inner thighs!

The Winner of The Maybelline Stiletto Lash Mascara Giveaway!!!

untitled

Congrats to Gliding Calm!!!

Here was her best beauty tip: untitled1

I couldn’t agree more! Please email me with your address so I can send you your mascara!

Thank you to everyone who participated– so many amazing beauty tips!

I am off to eat lunch now. My parents are late getting here today, but they should arrive by 3pm. I think the first thing we are going to do is get outside and garden!

Enjoy your day!

Angela_Signature

1 Marissa April 24, 2009

Congrats Gliding Calm!

2 Wiggs (The Beholder) April 24, 2009

Woah, those are some serious shoes! I lost my ability to wear heels once I met Dave. He walks so fast that I have to trot to keep up, so I heels don’t help in those situations.

My style is pretty feminine. I don’t do jeans. Or shorts. Only skirts and dresses. In college people called me the “skirt girl” or “miniskirt girl” when they didn’t know my name. A-holes. I think I looked awesome.

3 Angela (Oh She Glows) April 24, 2009

Wiggs- haha my nickname in highschool used to be SKIRTS!!!

4 Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) April 24, 2009

One of the amazing things I discovered upon losing weight–high heels became SO much more bearable! And since I’d had so many years of practice as a heavy chick, I have mega high heel endurance. I live in San Francisco for school, so my friends are amazed at my hill-climbing abilities.

You’re right, bright colors really draw out the glow of your skin. But I also think you’d be hot as all get out in a really rich midnight blue! Pretty girl!

5 Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now April 24, 2009

hehe I love how you pair glamorous earrings with comfy wear! Really ‘dresses it up’ in a way!

You know me.. i’m all about comfy & simple!

Congrats to Gliding Calm! I know she was dying to win this mascara!!

6 AlliJag April 24, 2009

LOVE those earrings – super sassy! :D

7 Kayzilla April 24, 2009

Wooow! You look really nice in that yellow color. You see, if I tried the same color, I’d just end up looking like a banana. XD I always wished I could wear pastels, but pastels and light colors just.. do not work at all in my favor. I have to wear bold or dark colors. Think: colors you’d find in autumn.

But I totally make up for it by wearing a ton of kandi bracelets (think: extremely bright and colorful bead bracelets) It’s just my teenager phase, I guess! lol. But they’re fun because if you get bored you can make a ton of noise with ’em.

Just curious: was your style the same as it is now when you were a teenager? Did you ever do anything extremely bold fashion wise when you were younger?

8 Jenna April 24, 2009

Thank you so much for your “what I wore” !! so cute!

p.s. regarding your csa vs. grocery bill list….does your husband eat meat? Just wondering how you deal with buying food for you and him both…it just gets so expensive for me when we both eat different things.

9 Valerie April 24, 2009

Cute earrings! And I like the heels too even though I can’t walk in anything with higher than a 3″ heel! I’m just not that coordinated.

My style is generally jeans (or a skirt in the summer) and pretty plain shirts – polos, henleys, v-necks, maybe the odd “trendy” shirt but I like to keep it simple. I also wear flip flops all the time in the summer – I definitely rocked them today for the first time this year!

10 Run Sarah April 24, 2009

Congrats GC!

I have my reverse groove pants from 2005 too, they are piling a bit but still in great shape! For workout gear I am a Lulu addict, I’ve picked up running tights for $20-30 here and tanks for $20-30 as well. For non-work settings I love the flats, jeans, tanktop, cardigan look and I’ll wear dress shirts and slacks for professional settings.

11 Shelby April 24, 2009

Dang, I didn’t win. But congrats to Gliding Calm!!!

I think my style is a little bit of everything. Sometimes I dress up, sometimes I’m fine in yoga pants. And sometimes I just mix it all up.

12 *Andrea* April 24, 2009

love the swarovski earrings! classy and simple

13 Shelley April 24, 2009

i have had a terrible past few days of binge eating. it seems impossible to break out of the habit. i dont know how to get on my feet again. i was doing really well too. any advice??

14 Danica April 24, 2009

Awwww – you uncool wear is so cute still! LOVE how you dolled it up with earrings. Congrats to the Mascara winner!

15 Briana April 24, 2009

Your style is so simple yet flattering. It looks really comfy too. I would have to say my style’s pretty laid back too, I like the surf/mountain look.

16 brandi April 24, 2009

congrats to GC, and what a fun post! :)

17 Heather April 24, 2009

I love your fashion policy of comfort and what looks good on you! It’s so important to be self-confident enough to know what looks good on you and not be afraid to show it. I like all of your bright, bold colors and touch of glammor!

I basically know my style of classic-comfort-sofistication-hint of glamor. I tend to be a lot more laid back when I’m just hanging around home, but I like to dress up a bit and play with style when I go out!

18 MaryBe April 24, 2009

You look GREAT in yellow! Not many blondes can wear it – I can, but my daughter can’t.
Love all the shoes!

19 Hangry Pants April 24, 2009

Boys are ALWAYS amazed by pointy shoes. It’s hilarious! I like your fashion segment. It’s not uncool, it’s fun!

20 gliding calm April 25, 2009

yayyyyyyyyyyyy i won!!!!!!!!!1 amazinggggggggg!

21 Cate April 25, 2009

Congrats to Gliding Calm.

Somehow I knew I wouldn’t win (I rarely win anything), so while I was at Walmart yesterday I picked up a tube of Very Black for myself. I can’t wait to try it out!

I like your Fashion post. Hope to see more in the future.

22 Kate January 20, 2010

Hey, Ange! Sorry this comment is almost a year delayed from when you put up this post! :)

I love the yellow on you! It looks so pretty!

I’d have to say my style is comfort meets sexy. I’m more of a down to earth dresser, and my favorite outfit would be my designer jeans (cause all girls need to have at least one pair of jeans that make their butts look awesome), a white tank top, tan colored sexy flip flops, and accessorize with fun necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Funny, this outfit makes me feel so sexy and confident!