OSG MOM

fun

I love my mom!

Gosh I miss her when she is away.

IMG_9759

Today was so much fun…my mom, stepdad, and I tended to the gardens outside. :) My stepdad taught me soooo much about the plants around our property. He knew every single tree and flower and plant on the whole yard, it was pretty crazy!

Hyacinth (left) and Daffodil (right):

IMG_9769 IMG_9757

Snow Drop:

IMG_9765

Stopping to take a photo op:

IMG_9775

We had so much fun!

My mom and I discussed Shop 4 A Cause and we talked about things my mom and stepdad could donate!

My mom is going to auction off some beautiful purses and some other things! My stepdad gave me two $50 Esso Gas gift cards up for auction…….sweet! Who doesn’t want a $50 gas gift card??

My stepdad in the woods, looking for firewood :)

IMG_9760

food

Around 6pm we came inside to get cleaned up and then we took our parents out for dinner:

IMG_9787

I had a Mixed Green Salad with balsamic vinaigrette:

IMG_9788

It was so delicious!

Then I had a veggie, cheeseless pizza with the following toppings: tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, mushrooms, and pineapple (I used to hate pineapple on pizza but I loved this!):

IMG_9789

Oh and extra sauce. :)

Hello lycopene!

I ate half the salad (shared with mom), 1 glass of chardonnay, and half the pizza. I can’t wait to have this pizza for leftovers tomorrow.

FAQs

And finally….your questions about the tea box answered! I must have gotten 15 emails about this box! lol.

Where did I get that bamboo tea box that I bought for Leah?

img-8232

I got it at a Canadian store called Benix.

img-8235

I took it to a key cutting store to get engraved. :)

They are calling for 26C/79F and sun tomorrow…it is going to be another fun filled day outside!

So far on the agenda tomorrow:

• Another run outside
  • more gardening
  • baking
  • shopping

My parents just went to bed and Eric and I are in the office doing some work. He is working overtime this weekend and I am working on interview questions for an upcoming media feature for Glo Bakery– it’s going to be good! I am fading fast though so not sure how much longer I will last working on this.

Untitled-51

Yes, I forgot to post about the BBBC Challenge today- it was just too busy! Sorry about that! Better late than never right??

Day 29 + 30 (April 24, 25th): Visit Polly’s awesome blog, Yoga is Yummy, and do one of her 10 minute yoga videos! Polly is not only a sweetheart, she is an amazing yoga instructor and a great friend of mine. This weekend, I am going to do:

Here is to the beginning of a healthy, fun, and happy weekend! Enjoy it! :)

Angela_Signature

The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it. — Anonymous

1 VeggieGirl April 24, 2009

Love the photos of you and your mom!! :-)

Mmm, pizza.

Enjoy your weekend!!

2 Priyanka April 24, 2009

Mom’s are the best! I just planted my first veggies every today..yay! Have fun!

3 Laura (On the Threshold of Greatness) April 24, 2009

Both you and your mom are gorgeous! I hope you have a fabulous time with them this weekend. :-) I’m loving all the spring pictures! It’s so nice to see flowers blooming again.

4 Kari April 25, 2009

You and your mum (mom) look so similar :) I’m very impressed with your garden – it’s going to be amazing when you’ve finished the planting and things you have planend! And having woods off your yard is very cool :)

5 Marissa April 25, 2009

I love pineapple on pizza too!

6 Run sarah April 25, 2009

great photos of you and your mom!! I love Polly’s videos too, they are great!

7 Alisa - Frugal Foodie April 25, 2009

You and your mom look adorable together!

I love cheeseless pizza w/ extra sauce too, and pineapple really does work well on it.

Thanks for the location on the tea box, we have been looking for a good tea box for ages! I am so glad they have locations in BC, yah!

8 Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now April 25, 2009

Cute pic of you and your Mom <3 Soo adorable. I hope you have a nice time today!! Makes me miss my Mom!!!

Ps- love the jeans you wore out to dinner; what are they???

9 e April 25, 2009

I often get pinapple, green peppers and red onions on pizza. Colorful and nutritious. Love the new additon of “uncool” you always look great and COMFY. Two questions 1) Did you mom continue to do green monsters besides the first one she did at home? 2) I can see you are a natural blond but do you highlight? If so do you do this yourself or go to the salon? Enjoy the visit w/your folks and what a great stepdad to donate.

10 Shelby April 25, 2009

Oh wow, your outfit is stunning!!! Plus, your skin is just glowing =)

That’s my mom’s favorite quote, I love it too.

11 Christina April 25, 2009

you’ve definitely inspired me to get my pizza cheese less next time! Looks so good.

12 Heather April 25, 2009

What a lovely way to spend the day! You and your mom are the cutest together… I love that picture of you both :)

Your outfit is adorable for going out to eat! See, you do have quite the fashion sense!

That pizza looks delicious! I honestly hate cheese on my pizza, so your version is right up my alley.

13 brandi April 25, 2009

how fun – you and your mom are cute!