2-Week BBBC Changes

untitled51 thumb8   2 Week BBBC Changes

It is now day 16 of the Bikini Body Boot Camp. Times FLYS, eh? One of the biggest changes I have made to my regular routine is adding back in strength exercises as well as flexibility work. Both of those have been neglected in my fitness routine for some time.

Due to my injury I lost a lot of muscle strength and tone. I am happy to say in just 2 weeks, I already feel like I have made progress! I have been focusing a lot on core exercises because my Sports Medicine Doctor told me that one of the main reasons why runners get injured is due to weak core muscles.

2- week progress picture:

img 8771 thumb   2 Week BBBC Changes

Now it is fairly difficult to see the changes from a picture, but overall I have noticed stronger, firmer abs and a tighter core area. In just 2 weeks, that is very encouraging progress! :) I have also noticed my legs firming up and more muscle in my arms.

Have you seen any changes (even small ones) since starting the BBBC? Leave a comment below and tell me why or why not!

If you aren’t seeing changes yet, don’t get discouraged. Two weeks is a very short amount of time and I am actually surprised that I have noticed anything yet. Remember, there are still 6 weeks of the challenge left!

This BBBC has been so successful, I am already thinking of doing a Summer Edition for Part 2! :)

Day 16 + 17 (April 11th and 12th): Since it is Easter weekend, I’d like to do a fun Easter related challenge! I want you to do 3 sets of bunny hops. Outside in the middle of the road. Make sure there are people watching! icon smile   2 Week BBBC Changes I’m only joking- unless you want to of course! Your challenge Easter weekend is to enjoy moderation. I don’t know about you but I have had Easter holidays that I have gone totally overboard and consumed way too much sugar. Our challenge this Easter is to enjoy some chocolate or candy, but savour it, eat it slowly, and enjoy every last bite. If you focus on the taste of the food you will find that you don’t need as much to satisfy your craving. Stop the mindless munching and plan your desserts! icon smile   2 Week BBBC Changes Hop, hop.

fun thumb11   2 Week BBBC Changes

I was up early at 7am this morning packing my orders! Despite my critical view of my cookies, I was actually quite pleased with the overall product and presentation! One thing is for sure, this order has really given me a boost in my decorating skills confidence. In just two days my hand is already much more steady and I have more ease with a variety of piping tips.

The wrapped Tiffany’s cake:

This is an example of a wedding favour! Although it is supposed to have a tiny white bow glued at the top but I am out.

img 8753 thumb   2 Week BBBC Changes

Martini, anyone?

img 8759 thumb   2 Week BBBC Changes

The whole lot including the goodies I am bringing to the in-laws today:

img 8767 thumb   2 Week BBBC Changes

All and all I am quite happy with how things went! Now I just need to deliver them in one piece. :)

The Unofficial Glo Bakery Logo!

After many revisions, I have an unofficial Glo Bakery logo to show you all! We may still make some minor changes to this, but for the most part you get the idea!

globakery thumb   2 Week BBBC Changes

I LOVE the concept of the heart and the grains in the background. I think it goes really well with the overall healthy theme and will tie in nicely to the existing webpage:

screensy thumb   2 Week BBBC Changes

Now I can order business cards and stickers! Weeeeeeeee. Does anyone know a good place I can order them from online that has reasonable shipping to CAD?

Let me know your thoughts below!

Ok it’s going to be a busy morning before we leave!

• Breakfast (Tea infused Green Monster + Glo bar)
  • Workout!
  • Shower/dry hair/make-up
  • Pack
  • Make homemade bread + package for in-laws
  • Pack car
  • Dishes

And we’re off by noon!

Good news is I will be blogging this afternoon- while in the car! Eric is on call for work this weekend and he has his ‘anywhere internet’ yay! :) Sure makes a 3 hour car ride go by quicker. See you this afternoon for a recap! I’ve received some great FAQ’s in the past couple days so I may do another installment.

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!

angela signature thumb29   2 Week BBBC Changes

MaryBe April 11, 2009

LOVE the logo! It’s so ‘you’!

VeggieGirl April 11, 2009

Hooray for day 16!! You look fierce!! :-D

FABULOUS favors and new bakery logo!!

Good luck with your busy day!!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous April 11, 2009

I love the logo you chose. It was my favourite!

The goodies you packed look great! You always give me that extra ‘push’ to bake….. Hope you relax this weekend. You had lots of work to do up until now!

I agree with VeggieGirl…. you’re a fierce, strong gal!

Jessica April 11, 2009

Hi! I’ve been reading for a while now, and I am loving your site and the BBBC!!

Also, I really like the logo you chose and think it fits in perfectly with the goal you have for the bakery.

Inspired by you, I have picked up some awesome lululemon workout gear and pants. Just wondering, do they have special washing instructions because there is no care for them on the tags. I don’t want to ruin them since they are pricey.

Also, I always notice you are wearing them while on the treadmill. Are you able to workout in the shape jackets you are wearing. I feel like I get quite warm wearing any type of jacket while running.

Okay thanks. Loving the website and all the help you give!

Priyanka April 11, 2009

The logo is very nice. I think it captures your theme perfectly!

On to my progress, I am so glad that in ten days I am down three pounds without depriving myself. I am eating well, doing cardio, Jillian and most of the challenges here on OSG.I am so happy!

TorontoGirloutWest April 11, 2009

Just a quick note to tell you that I LOVE the new logo! It really provides a cohesive touch to your bakery! ;)

As for the person who asked about washing lululemons – whatever you do don’t wash them with cotton!!! They’ll pill like crazy. Cold water, no bleach, no laundry softener. Wash only with similar tech fabrics and preferably line dry.

Krista April 11, 2009

First off, I love the logo!!

Secondly, I have certainly noticed a difference in my tummy area. I don’t know that anyone else would notice, but I do and that’s what counts! Seeing results is a great motivating factor for me!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? April 11, 2009

I wanna look like you when I grow up!!! :)

skinnyrunner April 11, 2009

the logo and site look awesome, fun yet professional.

*Andrea* April 11, 2009

omg i am in love with the logo. it is so professional yet very intriguing and aesthetic! i give you an A+ hehe.. and yes i would love a martini (cookie) right now ;) i would totally be down for doing the summer edition of bbbc since i didn’t do this one and i love how it’s motivating and bringing results to so many people!

Lara (Thinspired) April 11, 2009

Angela, I really, really love the logo. It is professional but still gets across the fun that is your company. It truly looks great!

Beth April 11, 2009

Looking great, Angela!

Since starting the BBBC, I’ve nonticed two muscles starting peak through at the top of my abs. When I noticed them, I got super excited and made my husband verify that I wasn’t imagining them! I call them my “two-pack”. This kind of progress is all the motivation I need to do more ab and core work.

Nicole April 11, 2009

Just last night I was telling hubs that I feel like my back-side is getting a little firmer. Before starting this challenge I ate healthy foods, but exercise was non-existent. In the past when I started exercise programs there was virtually no strength training involved, so this challenge has really made me feel stronger. I am starting to feel that my workouts are not complete without some sort of strength training, which is something I never expected to feel.
Have a wonderful weekend! The logo is too cute!! Way to go on your progress and as always, thank you for the daily inspiration:).

Lesley April 11, 2009

Your cookies are so adorable!

Hope you have a wonderful, joy-filled Easter!! : )

Run Sarah April 11, 2009

You will do AMAZING if you focus on the wedding/shower favour market. Those are perfect, glamorous, modern and I am SURE tasty.

Your BBBC is motivating me to start, even if I’m a bit late. I want rockin’ abs for my Mexico honeymoon!

Courtney April 11, 2009

You are so tiny, it is inspiring to the lot of us, thank you!

Evey April 11, 2009

try vistaprint.com I know they’ve got really good prices on nice looking business cards. Keep up the good work.

Erin April 11, 2009

The logo is so organic looking and pretty! I love love love it!

BethAnn April 11, 2009

You look good! Also those cookies are amazing, don’t be so hard on yourself! If I were getting married you would be my favor girl lol.

Tania April 11, 2009

I used http://www.vistaprint.ca for my shower invitations and wedding thank you cards. They do business cards, labels, stickers, stamps, even t shirts. You just upload your logo and take it from there. Very cost effective and you can create everything online on your own. And btw, you look wonderful! Have a fantastic Easter! :)

Haleigh April 11, 2009

You’re looking amazing girl! And I can definitely tell a change in my arms, they are becoming more toned!! Yes, must be all of those push ups :)

RunToFinish April 11, 2009

love the logo and the cookies are amazing!

heather April 19, 2009

#1. i LOVE the logo!

#2. when i did track in high school, i was a thrower & we did tons of leg strengthening work. my dad, the coach, had us do a handful of frog jumps everyday (your bunny hops reminded me of them). you could do five of those and not be able to walk the next day. they were killers.

#3. i’m not officially doing the bbbc, but i started becoming more active about the time that you started the challenge. i’ve picked up the challenge here & there to make things more challenging. this week is a get back on track week because i definitely did not do things in moderation last week, but prior to that i was already seeing results. i’d finally dipped under a weight i’d been hovering above for months. my jeans were getting much looser, lower-weight undies suddenly fit, my shirts were all looser around my waist, i used the next hole on my belt. very, very exciting. trying to stay focused!