Bridal Bliss

fun

Hey everyone!

I had such a great time at Leah’s bridal shower today. :)

It was so nice seeing Leah. She was so happy the whole day and she really loved all of the decorations that we put up. Her mom rented this beautiful cafe for the shower and it was the PERFECT setting:

IMG_8276

IMG_8277

All the ladies playing a game:

IMG_8297

Leah and her sister’s seats. Leah sat in front of the balloon tree. :)

IMG_8282

The food was AWESOME!

IMG_8283

I had a veggie wrap, red pepper pasta salad, and mixed fruit:

IMG_8284

The best part was definitely her CAKE!!!

IMG_8281

How cute is that??

Of course my first thought was….I wonder if I could make that?! lol.

I had to surgically remove the dress from the cake before we cut it.

It was a bit stressful! lol.

IMG_8280

A game we played:

IMG_8289

Can you get them all?

I must admit I could barely get half of these couples!

And now I can finally tell you what I got Leah for her gift!

The bridesmaids and I went in on a spa package for Leah and her mom a few days before the wedding! She seemed quite happy that we included her mom too. Now they get to go together and spend some mom + daughter time.

Oh and I met Leah’s mom for the first time today and she is such a SWEETHEART! Honestly one of the nicest people I have ever met.

I also worked on a gift for Leah this week…I’m excited to show you it finally. :)

I got Leah a TEA BOX because she is a huge herbal tea lover (like myself!):

Of course, it had to have one of my favourite quotes engraved on the front of it:

IMG_8235

Cute, eh? The quote reminded me of Leah.

On the inside, I had inscribed To Leah and Steve, Love Angela.

I also included 100 tea bags in 20 different flavours. :D

IMG_8232

Leah’s Pre-Bridal Glow Menu:

IMG_8246

IMG_8233 IMG_8234  IMG_8244

The best thing about this box is that it is made from 100% bamboo! Very eco-friendly, no?

Leah really liked the gift so I was very happy! :)

I must admit, I also bought myself a tea box! I am a huge tea fanatic and now I can organize my tea all in one spot. Now I just need to fill it….hmm…

The Beautiful Bride To Be and I:

IMG_83372

The Bride to Be and Her Bridesmaids (minus one that couldn’t make it from the UK!):

IMG_82872

It was such a fun day! :)

I am pretty beat now! 4.5 hours of driving will do that to a girl. ;) I am going to unpack, clean up and then enjoy in some R+R.

My throat has been fairly sore today, but not quite as bad as yesterday so that is an improvement! I have been taking Cold FX and I swear that is helping. Placebo effect?? At any rate, it is good stuff.

Don’t forget about the MONDAY MADNESS coming up tomorrow!

1) A Special Contest Giveaway right here on OSG!

2) The long anticipated Meghann’s Bake Sale where you can bid on a Glo Bakery Bar Sampler (Sorry, Canadians ONLY as per Meghann’s rules!) It starts at 11am sharp! See here for the Rules!

3) Tomorrow I will be revealing the exciting Media Related review on Glo Bakery!

See you for all the fun! :)

Tonight’s Question: Are you in any weddings this summer or going to any?

Right now I am in Leah’s wedding and Eric and I are also going to 3 more (that we know of!).

I am also making all of Leah’s wedding favours for her wedding and possibly doing a couple other weddings too. Going to be a busy summer!

Night!

Angela_Signature

1 Mara @ What's For Dinner? April 5, 2009

What a fun shower!!!
I’m going to 2 weddings this summer: one in June and one in early september (Fiance’s sisters!), and then MINE is in NOVEMBER!!!

2 AGS April 5, 2009

I just went to a wedding yesterday evening. At least one that my husband is in this summer. . .

It looked like you did a lovely job on the gift, shower, cake, etc. What a lucky bride-to-be!

3 Erica April 5, 2009

awwwww looks like everything turned out JUST right. That cake is amazing! Your gift is awesome too! You totally rock- what a good friend :)

4 Jessica April 5, 2009

I love the tea box idea and am going to have to steal it for future gift giving.

Bridal showers are always so much fun! You adn Leah looked great!

5 Suzanne April 5, 2009

What a creative gift! I’m going to my best friend’s bridal shower in a few weeks and I’m so excited!!! I’m a bridesmaid in her wedding and I’m also attending two other weddings this summer! Love must be in the air ;)

6 TorontoGirloutWest April 5, 2009

It looks like everyone had a blast and Leah looks so happy! :) Such a lovely party!!!

As for weddings . . . I’m attending a week long wedding extravaganza for one of my closest friends. He’s Sikh and there’s a gajillion events to go to. I’m flying back home (to Toronto) from BC to attend and I can’t wait.

Oh and I just recently got engaged so flying back will give me a chance to go wedding dress shopping with my mom in Toronto! ;)

7 Brooke April 5, 2009

Hey- I am wondering if you have ever used the “magic bullet” for your smoothies. Would you (or anyone else reading this) recommend that vs. a blender for smoothies?
Thanks so much!

8 Milca April 5, 2009

What a beautiful shower and a sweet thoughtful gift. I’m curious though, How did you meet Leah? Did you meet her from the Blog?
Oh, and I’m in one wedding in the Fall and I am super excited. Now, get some rest.

9 *Andrea* April 5, 2009

your gift is so amazing! i’d love it :) the cake was really intricate i love it

10 melissa (fitnessnyc) April 5, 2009

seriously impressive cake. You could do it with your eyes closed :) Good night! get your glow rest.

11 Sara April 5, 2009

That cake looks AMAZING! And the tea box – what a cute idea!

12 Katie April 5, 2009

That cake looks amazing! Fondant is so good.

I got almost all of the famous couples… what a fun idea!

I’m going to a wedding in Utah this summer… I’m so excited because I’ve never really been to the American West!

13 VeggieGirl April 5, 2009

MARVELOUS, SPECTACULAR, AND LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that cake = too cute :-)

14 Priyanka April 5, 2009

The shower looks so much fun! The cake looks amazing and you look really pretty!

The tea gift is awesome!

15 Kari April 5, 2009

Oh you guys look so gorgeous!! I am almost getting teary reading your post and looking at all the pictures…it’s so exciting and amazing to think the big day is so soon :D I hope you’re feeling better and I am seriously impressed with your creative gift idea; so sweet and something she will definitely use!

16 rhodeygirl April 5, 2009

looks like such a blast! that cake is so pretty!

i am “in” a wedding in july (my own hahaha) and then attending 5 in the months following (the fiance is in 2 of them). all are good friends! very exciting days these are.

happy sunday!

17 Lauren April 5, 2009

Holy Cow! I love that tea box, thats a fabulous gift!!

18 Kris April 5, 2009

Hi Ange,

Leah looks so beautiful…truely glowing, I must say :) She looks so happy.

What nice and thoughtful gifts you bought for her!

xo

19 Hangry Pants April 5, 2009

What a fun shower! It looks like a fun game. You have to give us the answers!!!!

The cake was sooo cute too.

I just had my first wedding of the season last friday – it was my little brother!!!

20 Run Sarah April 6, 2009

I didn’t know you were in Leah’s wedding party…how fun! That shower looks amazing, I love the cake and your gift was SO thoughtful.

21 Emma April 6, 2009

That all looks like so much fun! And such a good gift idea.

I got all of the famous couples. I’m not so sure if that’s a good thing though.

22 Lara (Thinspired) April 6, 2009

Wonderful recap–thank you for sharing these photos! You and Leah are so lucky to have each other. I LOVE the tea gift…it’s just perfect!

23 Jess April 6, 2009

Sounds like the bridal shower was a ton of fun! I think your tea box was such an creative gift!

24 Abby April 6, 2009

I love the tea box! Where did you get it?

25 Christy April 6, 2009

OMG…you guys look great! I am totally impressed with the cake. I think you could do it…I would love to see :-) And I bet you could do it healthier too.

26 Betsy April 6, 2009

I’m going to 3 weddings this summer, and mine is in December!! :)

27 Leah @ Simply Fabulous April 6, 2009

I had so much fun!!! Thanks again girl, you are an amazing friend.

28 Leila April 6, 2009

Love the tea box. Can you give me a hint where I can pick one up myself? thanks!

29 Mariposa April 6, 2009

thats an amazing gift!!! i think i will be inviting you to my wedding party! lol just bring a gift… ok?!?! lol jk!!

that would definitely be a great present.. unique.. thoughtful.. much better than a toaster or an iron!

30 skinnyrunner April 6, 2009

adorable pictures of you and your friend! i love that cake, so cute and thematic. and your gift was such a great idea, personalized but useful too. what a fun day!

31 chanturtle April 6, 2009

I have to ask…where did you get that tea box?? i love tea but my mom loves tea more! and I would love to get her that for mothers day!

32 Em April 6, 2009

Hey, awesome pics, and a great gift!

Make sure you can ship your food to the UK for the wedding (I seem to recall it’s in the UK and not in Canada?). Bringing in food is usually complicated, and then if it’s a business venture, there are taxes and weird laws and such. Make sure you’re prepared!

I’m so glad to see it’s going well for the bakery! Way to go, Angela! Seriously, it’s very awesome.