I Love Dollarstore!

IMG_7959

1 Square Plate + 1 Angled Bowl:

IMG_7965

5 Cards:

IMG_7967

= $14

I was one Happy Customer!!! :)

Do you shop at the dollarstore? What are your favourite things to buy there?

Eric and I started buying all of our cards at the dollarstore last year…I figure we have saved over $500 by buying these instead of your traditional drugstore Hallmark cards. Every little bit helps!

food

Then I went to the Bulk Barn for a Glo Bakery order:

IMG_7969

Contents:

• Dried Cranberries
  • Raw Oats (that whole bag was only $2.55 CAD!)
  • Raw Cashews
  • Raw Pecans
  • Honey Dates
  • Organic Coconut Oil (was about $8.50 which isn’t much more than my Nivea moisturizer!)
  • Wilton’s 56 Piece Master Tip Set (!!!!!)
  • 3 piping screws

IMG_7968

I am so excited to use my new piping tip set!! I felt like a pro when I purchased that. Some day…;)

I am really excited to try the Coconut Oil Moisturizer trick! I took a small spoon and rubbed some into my hand because I had to test it out immediately! My skin has been so dry lately.

IMG_7971

It is now 4 hours since I rubbed it on my hand and my skin feels like a baby’s bottom!! I have a feeling this stuff is going to be my saviour for dry skin.

Then I worked on a secret order for a special someone in the media! :)

IMG_7993 IMG_7990

Sweet Pecan Glo Bar (left)                                       Pistachio Glo Bar (right)

IMG_7991 IMG_7985

Pumpkin Spice ‘n All Things Nice Bars:

IMG_7996

More on this secret order later!

IMG_8000 IMG_8001

Tomorrow I need to make my Glo banana bars to finish off the order! I had a small set back in the kitchen today with the bananas. Basically I burnt the banana slices to a crisp in the oven! Rather than getting frustrated, I simply decided to try again tomorrow.

Tonight’s Question:

As you may know, tomorrow is April Fools Day!

Now I have never been one to think up cool pranks, but I always dream of doing so. :) My challenge to you all tonight is to think up a fun prank I can play on Eric tomorrow!

Have you ever played a funny prank on someone? What was it? Has someone ever played one on you for April Fools Day?

Don’t forget to watch Kris Carr’s inspirational video on Oprah if you didn’t get a chance to earlier today. My favourite quote from the video:

KC: “This is what I have for breakfast everyday.”

Dr. Oz: “Now when did you start doing this?”

KC: “When? When I got the wake up call.”

Dr. Oz: “Oh you didn’t do it at all before?”

KC: “No! I did Martinis before. [Pauses] Now I do green things.”

Angela_Signature

1 e March 31, 2009

Do you use a regular blender, a vitamix, a bullet or something else when you make your green monster? I thought you said your mom plans on buying a blender to make green monsters but I couldn’t get the info when i attempted to go back.

2 Oh She Glows March 31, 2009

I use a Kitchen Aid Blender…but I would love to eventually buy a juicer and try that out!

3 Run Sarah March 31, 2009

I love the dollar store too – I buy cheap kitchen items, stationery, some food and greeting cards there. Those bars look AMAZINGLY delicious!

4 Laura March 31, 2009

I’ve been using coconut oil as moisturizer and LOVE it! I hope you do too! The $9 jars last me a really long time, so I think it’s cheaper than regular lotion in the end.

I’m not a prankster at all! Sorry I can’t help you with that one.

5 Sarah March 31, 2009

I LOVE DOLLAR STORES! Woot!

6 VeggieGirl March 31, 2009

GREAT FINDS!!

Mmm, those bars!! But did you hear about the recent salmonella outbreak affecting pistachios????

I haven’t pranked anyone in a while, haha ;-)

7 brandi March 31, 2009

i loved that video today!

great stuff you got today – i love the dollar store, but never remember to go. I do try to buy gift bags from there since they’re so much cheaper!

8 Mara @ What's For Dinner? March 31, 2009

Best prank ever: My mom (when I was young) toasted some almonds on the stove so it smelled good in the house, then called me down for breakfast. She proceeded to serve me a bowl of wet newspaper, clean kitty litter, dirt, and dyed blue milk.

9 Ryan (Chase Daylight) March 31, 2009

What an awesome dollar store you have! You’ve inspired me to give mine a second shot! I really want to try out the coconut oil trick, too. I bet it’s so luxurious :)

PS. I tried out TODOIST today and love it! Thanks for the recommendation

10 Ava March 31, 2009

I recently tried out the coconut oil trick you posted and I love it!! Thanks for passing on the tip =)

11 Valerie March 31, 2009

I love the dollar store! A lot of our kitchen utensils are from there and we also have several bowls & plates that my mom got at Dollarama – I swear they are sturdier than some of the more expensive dishes we own.

I don’t usually do the whole April Fools thing but my mom and I once played the whole “swap sugar with salt” trick on my dad. He loves his morning coffee so we knew we’d get him. He didn’t suspect anything until he started drinking his coffee – I bet it tasted awful!

12 Bec March 31, 2009

great dollar store and bulk barn buys!

13 Brooke March 31, 2009

Hey-
When you make your smoothies do you put ice in it? You had one that listed almond milk and kale, but no ice…
Also, can i order some of your bars? They look amazing!

14 Kris April 1, 2009

Hi Sissy,

Can you send me the link for the coconut oil…I missed that one!

Loved your interview today!!!!

xo

15 heather April 1, 2009

those pistachio bars look YUMMY.

also, i love family dollar (where everything is ACTUALLY a dollar) for scrapbooking paper & random things: crackers, photo frames, etc.

i went to the christmas tree shop this weekend and spent $14 on the following: floor mat for in front of my door, four pillar candles (1 full size, 3 half), a 10-pack of individual tissue packs, a reed diffuser refill, honey teddy bear cookies, & pepper & basil crackers. yummm.

16 Brooke April 1, 2009

Awww, I am in the USA. Well, let me know if you decide to start shipping here. I don’t think you will have any problem building a stronger customer base!

17 Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now April 1, 2009

I bet the orders are just pouring in! Whatcha making with the goodies??

18 Christy April 1, 2009

I have not heard of using coconut oil as a moisturizer…this is not a bad idea. I have really dry skin on my face (cheeks and chin)…I wonder if I could use it on my face…hmm…going to have to try this.

19 Hangry Pants April 1, 2009

I like the bargain placemats.

Can’t wait to see who you baked for. :D

20 Jaime April 1, 2009

We have a huge Dollarma in our local shopping plaza…I buy all my wrapping papers/bows/bags/etc there. Considerably cheaper! Especially for something that is just going to wind up in the trash. :)