A Fun Night With The Girls

Good morning!

Last night was FUN! I saw some girlfriends that I hadn’t seen in a long time. It was so much fun catching up. I didn’t get home until very late, so you can understand why I didn’t want to post a recap at 1:30 in the morning. :)

So….many of you guessed right with respect to what shirt I decided to buy! However there was a little trick. Click ‘continue reading’ to see what shirt I wore!

Many of you guessed that I got the white top featured in the first picture. Well that is half true! I did get that style of top, but I got it in the beautiful sunset orange colour- my favourite!!

IMG_7567

I love this shirt. :)

We went to this wonderful little restaurant uptown called Terroni. They feature Traditional Southern Italian Food. And was it ever good!

The girls around the table:

IMG_7575

Starting clockwise with Sarah in Black, me, Laura, Jen, Shelley, Melissa, and Jane. I went to high school (well, my last year of highschool when I loved to Ontario!) with all of these girls except for Jane. I met Jane in my grad program. :)

Laura and I:

IMG_7577

Laura and Jen are getting married this summer (not to one another, hehe)! I am going to Jen’s Bachlorette party on May 9th and possibly her Stag and Doe end of April. This is going to be the summer of weddings I tell ya!

Sarah and I:

IMG_7580

Jane and I:

IMG_7582

For dinner most of us had pizza! I asked the waitress if they had any vegetarian pizzas and she said you HAVE to try this one. It has eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, peppers, etc. No Cheese :D It was probably the best pizza I have ever had at a restaurant! SO authentic!!! It was the thinnest crust I have ever seen too. I love thin crusts. :) Eric and I will definitely be going there at some point!

We ordered two bottles of wine for the table and I had about a 4 oz. pour of white wine.

After dinner, we decided to walk over to a nearby bar called Fionn MacCools which is an Irish Pub. They had a wonderful live band playing and it was really fun!!

At the bar:

IMG_7586

At the bar I only had about 1/3 of a Coors Light. I was driving home so I obviously couldn’t drink. I’m not much of a drinker anymore so I don’t know if I would have even drank had I not been driving home!

I left Toronto around midnight and got home just before 1am. I was pretty tired on the drive home but I cranked some club music on the radio to keep me going! Eric got home from Zac’s place around the same time and we chatted for a bit about our night before hitting the hay.

I was wide awake early this morning and only got about 6.5 hours of sleep…I made a Green Monster to try and revive my tired self:

IMG_7559

The Contents:

• 2 organic Kale leaves
  • 1 shot of POM
  • 1 handful baby organic spinach
  • 1/2 Banana
  • 1 Tbsp Flax
  • 1 Cup Almond Breeze
  • Ice

After drinking this I felt much more awake! I’m also going to reintroduce Green tea back into my life. I cut it out after I became severely addicted to the caffeine in green tea. I was drinking about 8 cups a day at one point! I think if I have just a couple cups of day I should be fine! :)

See you guys later for Yesterday (and hopefully today’s) workouts! Also up on the agenda today- a Beauty Product Review and what arrived in my mailbox! Don’t forget to enter the POM Wonderful contest if you haven’t already!

Today’s Question: Do you have a favourite ‘go-to’ bar or pub in your neighbourhood? What is it like? What is your signature drink?

Angela_Signature

“Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you have decided to look past the imperfections.”

1 VeggieGirl March 22, 2009

SUCH A BLAST!!!

Can’t wait to read your latest product review, and to find out what came in the mail!! :-D

2 Meg- Live. Love. Laugh. Eat. Learn. March 22, 2009

I love a bar called the Office in my city. It’s a restaurant/ bar and it so awesome!! They have my favourite there, really great food and it’s an awesome atmosphere! I can dress super casual one night and go in a skirt the next. Anything goes!!

That shirt is really pretty!! Looks like you had a great night!

3 Michelle Hisae March 22, 2009

LOVE that shirt! Coral is my favorite color – close enough to ‘sunset orange.’ :) I also love the quote you have at the bottom of your post. It’s so true and inspiring. It makes me want to be more appreciative of life AND it’s flaws.

4 Amelia March 22, 2009

Cute shirt! Sounds like a fun girls night!

I live in a super Irish neighborhood so my go-to bar is an Irish pub. And since I’m from Tennessee originally, my go-to drink is Jack and Coke! :)

5 Jenny March 22, 2009

LOVE the top..LOVE IT! :-) Nice choice, but got get the other one, too!

I’ve been wanting to try your green monster drink. HAHA But I’m not gonna lie…I’m a little scared–what does it taste like>

6 Jenny March 22, 2009

Fabulous shirt, and fabulous evening! Glad you enjoyed yourself :)

7 Oh She Glows March 22, 2009

It tastes like pure heaven!!! tee hee hee

It tastes very healthy and natural…it can be bitter if you put too much kale and not enough sweetener. I suggest 1 ripe banana and spinach (plus flax and milk…etc) for your green if it is your first one! And work your way up!

8 Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) March 22, 2009

Hey Angela,
Love the new top and looks like you had a great night with the girls.

Thin crust pizza is the BEST, and 1-2 cups of green tea is actually really good for you. Great way to get in some anti-oxidants!

My signature drink of choice? Hot water with lemon – nothing too exciting. :)

9 Jen March 22, 2009

Hey Angela, you should try white tea. It has 3x more antioxidants than green and less caffeine!

If you have a Davids Tea nearby, look for “White Tiger”. mmmm so good.

10 Leah March 22, 2009

Glad you had a fun night!! Love the shirt; it’s so pretty!

We don’t go out much anymore but if we do we’ll normally go to the Horse & Jockey, which was on my blog a week ago. I just like drinking wine but last night I had a peach schnapps & cranberry juice which was a nice change!!

11 Haleigh March 22, 2009

Sounds like you had a fabulous night out with the girls! The orange bebe top is adorable! Have a great Sunday!

12 Mara @ What's For Dinner? March 22, 2009

What a fun night!! That shirt looks fantastic on you!
Around our house, there is one “dive” bar and one thats a total singles scene, so the fiance and I tend to go to a restaurant if we want a drink. I tend to get key lime pie martinis…YUM

13 Priyanka March 22, 2009

The top is fantastic and the night out looks so much fun!!

14 Trish (girlatgym) March 22, 2009

oh you all look so wonderful! :-)

15 Meredith (Pursuing Balance) March 22, 2009

That’s a beautiful top!

16 katecooks March 22, 2009

this isnt really my signature drink, but i love baileys on the rocks. esp the new flavored ones, like chocolate mint. the only time i can drink it and not get made fun of is christmas time or st. patty’s. for some reason, everyone rags on me when i get baileys and says it’s an old lady or dessert drink but i love it. ummm hello, it’s like a boozy chocolate milk, what’s not to love??

17 Jessica March 22, 2009

Aw you look so cute in the new shirt, looked like a fun night out!

Since I am NOT 21, I don’t have a signature drink or favorite bar, however when I went to mexico last summer I loveddddd the mint mojitos!!

18 brandi March 22, 2009

fun! that shirt is so pretty.

we don’t go out much, but I love a good beer, good wine, or mojito.

19 Charlotte Leonard March 22, 2009

Hi Ange!

Wow, I absolutely LOVE your blog :D You’re so inspirational, and I’m totally going to try some of your healthy recipes. I really want to try the green monster but don’t know where to find organic kale leaves :( I guess I would go to whole foods huh. Oh I also posted the blog post tonight of the wedding photography workshop. You and Eric were so awesome and we had such great feed back from the attendees. Hopefully we can use you again someday… maybe as engagement models lol!

Chat soon,
Charlotte

20 GaubableAlarp March 27, 2009

very very nice website..
check also notgeile nutten

leck die titten

21 GaubableAlarp March 28, 2009

very very nice article.
check also privat chat

good night,sleep tight and dont let the bad bugs bite

22 Kate October 29, 2009

First off I want to say that I absolutely adore your questions to the readers. It’s so fun to hear what everyone has to say and is so kind of you to ask us! :)

As for a favorite pub? My boyfriend and I tend to go to this hole in the wall bar called Dino’s in his hometown (only 10 minutes from me). We know the bartenders and tend to get free drinks and get to play pool for free when we’re there. They also make a mean veggie sub that I have to get everytime we go! :)

23 Kate October 29, 2009

Shoot, I forgot a signature drink!! Okay its not at this bar, but one by work that some of the ladies and I go to when we are stressed from the day. They make a mean Pumpkin Martini. Holy crap this drink is unreal!!!!!