My Emergency Pack

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on March 13, 2009

Good afternoon!

I hope no one has had any bad luck today. :) My day is going great! Flying by and I still have much to do. Isn’t that always the way though?

I had a fabulous lunch today!

I had a large sweet onion in the fridge and I made that the centre of the meal. I LOVE sweet onions and I find they taste fabulous in a stir fry. They are the only onion that don’t make my eyes water too!

IMG_7008

With some frozen veggies:

IMG_7010

IMG_7017

I made my healthy, antioxidant packed tomato + avocado sauce again. I LOVE this sauce! I strongly suggest trying it. :)

The sauce:

• 3 Tbsp tomato paste (preferably salt free)
  • 3-4 Tbsp pasta sauce (I used organic healthy lovers brand)
  • 1/2 avocado, mashed
  • Glug of Almond breeze (1 Tbsp approx)
  • Pepper + Italian seasoning

This sauce is AMAZING!!! :) I will be making this again and again!

Even Sketchie wished he could have some!!

IMG_7013

Other great eats today included 2 ALL VEGGIE Green Monsters (I am now used to these all veggie ones!), Mary’s Crackers (2 servings) and a huge oversized apple. Hopefully I will be glowing come tomorrow from all this great food!

A Lovely Donation To The Furniture-less Couple:

Look what my brother- and sister- in law gave us!

IMG_6999

What a beautiful coffee table! I am in love with it. They didn’t have any room in their house anymore for it so they were kind enough to give it to us. They also gave us a small blue couch to match the one they gave us earlier this year as well as a wood coffee table. Thanks guys!! :) Hopefully they don’t want any of it back….tee heee…

IMG_6998

My Wedding Shoot Emergency Pack:

This is what I am bringing tomorrow for the shoot. I ALWAYS come prepared!

IMG_7021

IMG_7022

IMG_7023

Inside the bag:

• Sephora travel brush
  • Hair elastic + bobby pins
  • Eye lash curler
  • Oil Blotting Tissues
  • Floss for after lunch
  • Band-aid (I am accident prone hah)
  • Sephora individual eye lashes
  • Soft lips balm
  • Mascara for touch up
  • Sugar Tropic Tan Blush + Bronzer
  • Vichy Concealer + MAC concealer
  • Tide to Go (God forbid I got anything on my dress! lol)
  • Travel sized Lint brush

That should cover my bases!!!! LOL :D

EDIT: Oh my gosh I don’t know how I did this but I got the photoshoot day confused!!!! lol. Good thing I checked- it is actually SUNDAY and not tomorrow!!!

Who hoo I have an extra day!!!!  I am so happy about this!

I called Eric to tell him and he was like ‘I know….”

lol. Not sure why I got that messed up!

Well guys, I have some baking (experimentation) to do now!! See you tonight for my workout and baked goodies. :)

I hope you have a great start to your weekend whatever you may be doing. :)

Question of the Day:

Is there a dessert or baked treat that you absolutely hate even though everyone else seems to enjoy it?

I would have to say mine is cheesecake. I don’t hate it, but I don’t particularly like it and never have! People think I am nuts when I pass it up.

What’s yours?

Angela_Signature

FoodsThatFit March 13, 2009 at 4:55 pm

I’d have to say I am on the same page with the cheesecake. Definitely not my favorite and easy to pass up. I also am not a huge pie fan. I only like the filling and leave the crust! Have fun tomorrow!

aron March 13, 2009 at 5:00 pm

have fun tomorrow!!! cant wait to see the pics :)

I hate all pies (except mud pie, which is pretty much ice cream). I especially hate pumpkin pie!

brandi March 13, 2009 at 5:00 pm

i love that table!

ha – maybe that’s my problem – I like just about all desserts :)

except for gross store bought cakes with rock hard icing. Blech. I won’t waste my time on that.

Erin March 13, 2009 at 5:00 pm

I do not like oatmeal cookies, yuk… But I like oatmeal and cookies, just separately!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Thanks everyone! I am nervous but Im sure it will go fine! I think I am more nervous than I was on my wedding day! haha

i cant wait to post some pictures!

anne March 13, 2009 at 5:07 pm

me too. do not care for cheesecake!

Diana March 13, 2009 at 5:13 pm

ummm…i like all desserts….sad but true! although i hate the combination of orange and chocolate – does that count?
diana

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 13, 2009 at 5:15 pm

mmmmmmm dessert. I love it all!! THe more the merrier!

Katy G. March 13, 2009 at 5:19 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t like cheesecake! I thought I was because everyone around me loves it.

kathryn March 13, 2009 at 5:27 pm

I don’t care for most desserts and I really don’t like cookies or cake. I would much rather have dark chocolate truffles and a glass of Cab or champaign and berries. I do have a gluten intolerance and never had many cakes or cookies growing up, only fruit.

Dave March 13, 2009 at 5:39 pm

I hope you gargled with mouthwash after eating all of those onions. ;)

seemommomyrun March 13, 2009 at 5:52 pm

I love desserts, but when it comes to tiramisu ~ yucky!

seemommyrun March 13, 2009 at 5:54 pm

Correction on my name: one of my daughters bumped my arm while typing Ha ha
I love desserts, but when it comes to tiramisu ~ yucky!

amy (veganissexy) March 13, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Ha! I hate cheesecake too! I also don’t care for creme brulee or any kind of custard-y type desserts. Also, not a fan of bread pudding. But…….anything chocolate or peanut butter I’m all over :)

Jess March 13, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Looks like you are all set for that shoot! And lucky you even got an extra day to squeeze into the dress!

Kristine March 13, 2009 at 6:20 pm

Are you going to be able to show us pictures from your photoshoot?! I hope so! :)

A dessert that I hate..hmm…strawberry shortcake because I don’t like strawberries?! :) Hehe

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Yes I will be showing MOST of the pictures- there will be LOTS! I will likely upload most of them now that I am using the amazing Live Writer! Easy as Pie :)

I am GLAD I have an extra day to fit into it! lol. Although I was looking forward to splurging on goodies tomorrow night! I guess I will have to wait :)

VeggieGirl March 13, 2009 at 6:34 pm

My day’s pretty lucky too!! :-D

**Dessert I hate = I honestly cannot think of one, haha!! :-D

Susan March 13, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Haha love the blonde moment with the date of the photo shoot, but I’m glad you have an extra day!

I really really REALLY don’t like chocolate cake. People say I must not be female, but I don’t like it at all!

Krista March 13, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Lemon meringue pie. Like yourself, I don’t hate it, but I’d rather not eat it!

Yasmin March 13, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Any type of cakes. I hate frosting especially.

emily March 13, 2009 at 7:03 pm

donuts. I’m sorry, I grew up on an island and we just didn’t eat them. I had my first one in college and was underwelmed.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2009 at 7:05 pm

I don’t like custards or Lemon Meringue pie either!
I also am not a huge chocolate cake fan myself!
growing up we would always ask for ‘white cake with white icing’ :)

Shelby March 13, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Those oil sheets SAVE MY LIFE. haha I don’t know what I would do without them.

I hate brownies (even though your’s looked totally delicious!)…they are just soo monotonous to me. Nothing special.

Leah March 13, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Same with me with the cheesecake! I’m not a huge fan either! Steve loves it though!

woohoo for the shoot being on Sunday!!

BEAUTIFUL coffee table!

Kayzilla March 13, 2009 at 8:25 pm

I don’t particularly hate any desserts, but I’m not big on moist cakes as they seem a bit oily and gross to me, most cream filled things as it makes the treat too sweet, and most pies as they also seem to be too sweet. I do enjoy the pie crust and mild pies like pumpkin..but pies like blueberry & cherry are just so sweet it’s icky!

Valerie March 13, 2009 at 8:38 pm

I used to like cheesecake but then I spent a summer baking it weekly (I worked in a resort kitchen as a pastry chef). It’s such a finicky dessert to make – I swear it cracks if you LOOK at it the wrong way.. lol! I absolutely can’t stand lemon meringue pie. Yuck! Everyone I know loves it though.

Elizabeth March 13, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Count me in as hating custard and any creme brulee desserts! I also dislike bread and rice pudding pretty intensely… My favorite dessert is warm cookies straight from the oven!!

Susan March 14, 2009 at 7:05 am

I’ll eat most sweets and baked goods, but I don’t like chocolate/fruit combos. Especially raspberry and chocolate, ugh!

Chelsea March 14, 2009 at 9:14 am

I don’t really like pie (except key lime) but I think mincemeat pie is totally disgusting. I like everything in mincemeat pie, but put it together and it makes me want to gag.

Cassandra @ TheScienceofFood November 25, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I’m a little late here (I checked out the first post and got hooked lol) but when I read your question at the end the very first thing that came to mind was cheesecake. I really don’t get the hype over cheesecake, it’s not even good!!! I don’t understand why people eat it. I don’t hate it but it’s so not worth the calories.