My Emergency Pack

Good afternoon!

I hope no one has had any bad luck today. :) My day is going great! Flying by and I still have much to do. Isn’t that always the way though?

I had a fabulous lunch today!

I had a large sweet onion in the fridge and I made that the centre of the meal. I LOVE sweet onions and I find they taste fabulous in a stir fry. They are the only onion that don’t make my eyes water too!

img 7008 thumb   My Emergency Pack

With some frozen veggies:

img 7010 thumb   My Emergency Pack

img 7017 thumb   My Emergency Pack

I made my healthy, antioxidant packed tomato + avocado sauce again. I LOVE this sauce! I strongly suggest trying it. :)

The sauce:

• 3 Tbsp tomato paste (preferably salt free)
  • 3-4 Tbsp pasta sauce (I used organic healthy lovers brand)
  • 1/2 avocado, mashed
  • Glug of Almond breeze (1 Tbsp approx)
  • Pepper + Italian seasoning

This sauce is AMAZING!!! :) I will be making this again and again!

Even Sketchie wished he could have some!!

img 7013 thumb   My Emergency Pack

Other great eats today included 2 ALL VEGGIE Green Monsters (I am now used to these all veggie ones!), Mary’s Crackers (2 servings) and a huge oversized apple. Hopefully I will be glowing come tomorrow from all this great food!

A Lovely Donation To The Furniture-less Couple:

Look what my brother- and sister- in law gave us!

img 6999 thumb   My Emergency Pack

What a beautiful coffee table! I am in love with it. They didn’t have any room in their house anymore for it so they were kind enough to give it to us. They also gave us a small blue couch to match the one they gave us earlier this year as well as a wood coffee table. Thanks guys!! :) Hopefully they don’t want any of it back….tee heee…

img 6998 thumb   My Emergency Pack

My Wedding Shoot Emergency Pack:

This is what I am bringing tomorrow for the shoot. I ALWAYS come prepared!

img 7021 thumb   My Emergency Pack

img 7022 thumb   My Emergency Pack

img 7023 thumb1   My Emergency Pack

Inside the bag:

• Sephora travel brush
  • Hair elastic + bobby pins
  • Eye lash curler
  • Oil Blotting Tissues
  • Floss for after lunch
  • Band-aid (I am accident prone hah)
  • Sephora individual eye lashes
  • Soft lips balm
  • Mascara for touch up
  • Sugar Tropic Tan Blush + Bronzer
  • Vichy Concealer + MAC concealer
  • Tide to Go (God forbid I got anything on my dress! lol)
  • Travel sized Lint brush

That should cover my bases!!!! LOL :D

EDIT: Oh my gosh I don’t know how I did this but I got the photoshoot day confused!!!! lol. Good thing I checked- it is actually SUNDAY and not tomorrow!!!

Who hoo I have an extra day!!!!  I am so happy about this!

I called Eric to tell him and he was like ‘I know….”

lol. Not sure why I got that messed up!

Well guys, I have some baking (experimentation) to do now!! See you tonight for my workout and baked goodies. :)

I hope you have a great start to your weekend whatever you may be doing. :)

Question of the Day:

Is there a dessert or baked treat that you absolutely hate even though everyone else seems to enjoy it?

I would have to say mine is cheesecake. I don’t hate it, but I don’t particularly like it and never have! People think I am nuts when I pass it up.

What’s yours?

angela signature thumb2   My Emergency Pack

FoodsThatFit March 13, 2009

I’d have to say I am on the same page with the cheesecake. Definitely not my favorite and easy to pass up. I also am not a huge pie fan. I only like the filling and leave the crust! Have fun tomorrow!

aron March 13, 2009

have fun tomorrow!!! cant wait to see the pics :)

I hate all pies (except mud pie, which is pretty much ice cream). I especially hate pumpkin pie!

brandi March 13, 2009

i love that table!

ha – maybe that’s my problem – I like just about all desserts :)

except for gross store bought cakes with rock hard icing. Blech. I won’t waste my time on that.

Erin March 13, 2009

I do not like oatmeal cookies, yuk… But I like oatmeal and cookies, just separately!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2009

Thanks everyone! I am nervous but Im sure it will go fine! I think I am more nervous than I was on my wedding day! haha

i cant wait to post some pictures!

anne March 13, 2009

me too. do not care for cheesecake!

Diana March 13, 2009

ummm…i like all desserts….sad but true! although i hate the combination of orange and chocolate – does that count?
diana

Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 13, 2009

mmmmmmm dessert. I love it all!! THe more the merrier!

Katy G. March 13, 2009

I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t like cheesecake! I thought I was because everyone around me loves it.

kathryn March 13, 2009

I don’t care for most desserts and I really don’t like cookies or cake. I would much rather have dark chocolate truffles and a glass of Cab or champaign and berries. I do have a gluten intolerance and never had many cakes or cookies growing up, only fruit.

Dave March 13, 2009

I hope you gargled with mouthwash after eating all of those onions. ;)

seemommomyrun March 13, 2009

I love desserts, but when it comes to tiramisu ~ yucky!

seemommyrun March 13, 2009

Correction on my name: one of my daughters bumped my arm while typing Ha ha
I love desserts, but when it comes to tiramisu ~ yucky!

amy (veganissexy) March 13, 2009

Ha! I hate cheesecake too! I also don’t care for creme brulee or any kind of custard-y type desserts. Also, not a fan of bread pudding. But…….anything chocolate or peanut butter I’m all over :)

Jess March 13, 2009

Looks like you are all set for that shoot! And lucky you even got an extra day to squeeze into the dress!

Kristine March 13, 2009

Are you going to be able to show us pictures from your photoshoot?! I hope so! :)

A dessert that I hate..hmm…strawberry shortcake because I don’t like strawberries?! :) Hehe

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2009

Yes I will be showing MOST of the pictures- there will be LOTS! I will likely upload most of them now that I am using the amazing Live Writer! Easy as Pie :)

I am GLAD I have an extra day to fit into it! lol. Although I was looking forward to splurging on goodies tomorrow night! I guess I will have to wait :)

VeggieGirl March 13, 2009

My day’s pretty lucky too!! :-D

**Dessert I hate = I honestly cannot think of one, haha!! :-D

Susan March 13, 2009

Haha love the blonde moment with the date of the photo shoot, but I’m glad you have an extra day!

I really really REALLY don’t like chocolate cake. People say I must not be female, but I don’t like it at all!

Krista March 13, 2009

Lemon meringue pie. Like yourself, I don’t hate it, but I’d rather not eat it!

Yasmin March 13, 2009

Any type of cakes. I hate frosting especially.

emily March 13, 2009

donuts. I’m sorry, I grew up on an island and we just didn’t eat them. I had my first one in college and was underwelmed.

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 13, 2009

I don’t like custards or Lemon Meringue pie either!
I also am not a huge chocolate cake fan myself!
growing up we would always ask for ‘white cake with white icing’ :)

Shelby March 13, 2009

Those oil sheets SAVE MY LIFE. haha I don’t know what I would do without them.

I hate brownies (even though your’s looked totally delicious!)…they are just soo monotonous to me. Nothing special.

Leah March 13, 2009

Same with me with the cheesecake! I’m not a huge fan either! Steve loves it though!

woohoo for the shoot being on Sunday!!

BEAUTIFUL coffee table!

Kayzilla March 13, 2009

I don’t particularly hate any desserts, but I’m not big on moist cakes as they seem a bit oily and gross to me, most cream filled things as it makes the treat too sweet, and most pies as they also seem to be too sweet. I do enjoy the pie crust and mild pies like pumpkin..but pies like blueberry & cherry are just so sweet it’s icky!

Valerie March 13, 2009

I used to like cheesecake but then I spent a summer baking it weekly (I worked in a resort kitchen as a pastry chef). It’s such a finicky dessert to make – I swear it cracks if you LOOK at it the wrong way.. lol! I absolutely can’t stand lemon meringue pie. Yuck! Everyone I know loves it though.

Elizabeth March 13, 2009

Count me in as hating custard and any creme brulee desserts! I also dislike bread and rice pudding pretty intensely… My favorite dessert is warm cookies straight from the oven!!

Susan March 14, 2009

I’ll eat most sweets and baked goods, but I don’t like chocolate/fruit combos. Especially raspberry and chocolate, ugh!

Chelsea March 14, 2009

I don’t really like pie (except key lime) but I think mincemeat pie is totally disgusting. I like everything in mincemeat pie, but put it together and it makes me want to gag.

Cassandra @ TheScienceofFood November 25, 2012

I’m a little late here (I checked out the first post and got hooked lol) but when I read your question at the end the very first thing that came to mind was cheesecake. I really don’t get the hype over cheesecake, it’s not even good!!! I don’t understand why people eat it. I don’t hate it but it’s so not worth the calories.