A Test Baking Day

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on March 10, 2009

Good afternoon health lovers!

I have had such a fun day in the kitchen! Today is a test day in the kitchen where I am creating and concocting new + healthy recipes for my bakery. I have been going non stop for about 5 hours now…I guess I better get used to this, right?!

Here is a bit of what I have made…

Absolutely No-Oil Honey Banana Bread:

IMG_6858

Oh my gosh the house smelled fantastic!!!

IMG_6840

It came out super moist….

IMG_6860

I won’t be able to try this until after the end of my sugar free challenge on Saturday. Even though all the sugar in this loaf was natural, I am going to wait until after the dress workshop! :) However, I am going to have about 5 taste testers for this bread and I will be reporting what they said!

IMG_6847

Some of the healthy goods in this bread: bananas (4!!), almond milk, Whole wheat pastry flour, cinnamon, and honey.

I made some chocolate chip cookies that failed miserably. They were too flat so I am going to re-try more modifications next time!

Snack:

In between, I had a serving of Mary’s Crackers and a small bowl of spelt cereal for my snack around noon.

Lunch:

Then around 1:30pm I had a quick lunch. I literally ate this as I baked!

IMG_6863

Contents:

• 2 cups frozen mixed veggies, cooked in microwave in water
  • 1 can Flaked Salmon (Gold Seal)
  • Pepper
  • 1/2 avocado mixed in (KEY ingredient!!!!)
  • 1 Tbsp Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette

I also had a delicious juicy kiwi, not shown (I ate it too fast!). A great lunch ‘on the run’ It took me a total of 3 mins. to prepare! Can’t beat that.

After lunch I made a batch of Black Bean Brownies. I used this recipe as a guide, but I made many modifications…

You Won’t Bean-lieve It Brownies:

IMG_6867

These were the healthiest brownies I have ever made!!

They had black beans, vegan butter, walnuts, carob chips, and honey in there. Talk about antioxidants!

I can’t wait to try them! Eric is going to be in heaven when he gets home tonight! lol.

I am now done baking for the day. :)

Work It Out:

I just did my ab workout to help strengthen my core again as per my Dr’s recommendations. Now I am off to the gym for some elliptical action…..rawr!!!! :)

What are your favourite ab exercises?? Id like to learn some new ones!

See you tonight for some homemade SOY Milk!

PS- Does anyone know how to categorize a post in Windows Live Writer???

“Inspiration never arrived when you were searching for it.”

~Lisa Alther

Kelly Turner March 10, 2009 at 2:59 pm

love the new site! geeze- where have i been?

Lesley March 10, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Gotta love baking days!! : ) It all sounds and looks delicious!

Run Mommy March 10, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Great looking site! I love the foodie sites and as someone who strives be an “after” picture – I will continue reading!

Angela (Oh She Glows) March 10, 2009 at 3:02 pm

haha Thanks Kelly!! ;)

brandi March 10, 2009 at 3:05 pm

yay for baking! I wish I was home baking instead of at work :)

sarah (ghost world) March 10, 2009 at 3:09 pm

okay, this is totally off topic, but i was wondering how you plan to return to running post-injury, now that you’re doing so much better! i wanted to recommend a program i have used twice now after bad injuries sidelining me from running (one achilles tendonitis, one iliopsoas issue that sadly i’m having again). it is from pete pfitzinger (his plans are very popular in the marathoning crowd) and it builds you up gradually to 55 minutes of running in 7 weeks. it incorporates run/walking (something i never do — except when injured!) and cross-training the program is at http://www.pfitzinger.com/labreports/stressfracture.shtml

anyway — enjoy . . . if not this program i’ll be curious to see what you will use to ramp back up. GOOD LUCK and i’m so happy for your bone scan results!

Leah March 10, 2009 at 3:23 pm

To categorize a post…. when you are typing your post, it’s in the bottom left hand corner. “Set categories”….click it and you should see your categories that you’ve set.

Amazing baking!!!

Marianne March 10, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Oooh, black bean brownies. I’m interested to see how those turn out. I have a few recipes for them, and have yet to try making them.

AlliJag March 10, 2009 at 3:43 pm

That bread looks heavenly! Nice job on the self control! If I bake sweets – I have no trouble passing up “taste testing” them, but if I make bread – I WANT TO EAT THE WHOLE THING! :)

Shelby March 10, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Mmm, banana bread sounds really delicious. Lovely brownies too! I’ve always wanted to try adding beans to the mix.

Priyanka March 10, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Oh my the brownie looks really great! I swear by Pilates these days! I have never had Abs, I mean I have abs but not the real flat abs! But this routine is surely taking me there. I can feel my abs sinking inside and that is the best feeling in the world!

Joanne March 10, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I do hip hop abs and I love them!!!!!!! They are so fun! Youtube it! You would feel silly doing them, but they sure works!!!!

Diana March 10, 2009 at 4:35 pm

P90X AB RIPPER X!
It’s a pretty good ab workout!

The bread looks soooo yummy! I can’t believe you are waiting to try it! Good for you!

Diana

Haleigh March 10, 2009 at 4:37 pm

The honey banana bread looks amazing! I am curious to see what your taste testers say about it! Mmm.. and those brownies!!

www.innerwellness.wordpress.com

bobbi March 10, 2009 at 5:20 pm

the plank!

Kristie March 10, 2009 at 6:44 pm

That bread looks absolutely incredible!

And I’m a bit behind on my blog reading but I LOVE the new site! You and your hubs are a star web savvy team!

Sarah March 10, 2009 at 7:48 pm

Angela you are like a modern day 1950’s housewife!

Marlow March 10, 2009 at 8:16 pm

These baked goods look awesome! Do you have any gluten free treats?

healthy ashley March 10, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Oh, I love black bean brownies!

And I LOVE the new blog look!

Wiggs (The Beholder) March 10, 2009 at 8:48 pm

Ohhh man, you must have read my mind! I’m going to visit my parents this week and I’m going to get my mom to use her nice SLR camera to take pictures of the ab routine I do. When I was a competitive swimmer, ab workouts were an intrinsic part of our training, so I know a crud-ton. Now I’m motivated to get my post up even sooner!

Greta March 11, 2009 at 2:11 am

Apparently, I’m completely out-of-the-know. Black bean brownies?? Wholly molly those sound delish – and so simple! Next baking project for sure, thanks for the heads up

Julie March 11, 2009 at 3:37 am

Favourite ab-exercises? Definently yoga for abs – Pollys video “Yoga for abs” on http://yogapol.typepad.com/yogayum/ is AMAZING! She goes through all of my favourite exercises!

Beth November 28, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Can you link me to your black bean brownie recipe?