The Dress Fitting

Good morning!

Happy Friday :D

I had my ‘dress fitting’ this morning. It is always best to do the fitting first thing when my stomach is flattest! lol.

Sketchie was my personal tailor

img_6596

And the dress….

img_6618

img_6619

With me in it :)

img_6614

The result?

Thankfully, the dress is starting to fit better! I have definitely seen a bit of progress, which is really encouraging given that it has only been several days. I have exactly 7 days left! I still have about 2 inches in the back that won’t zip up. I am almost positive that I can get there in a week by making healthy substitutions and a bit of exercise each day. No deprivation required!

Breakfast

img_65291

A Detoxifying Green Monster:

• 3 organic kale leaves
  • 1 organic carrot
  • 1 Tbsp flax
  • 2 ice cubes
  • 1 cup low-fat Soy Milk

img_65301

Delicious as always!

It is so warm outside today!!!

I was outside in just my PJ’s to take a picture and I wasn’t even cold. It is supposed to be 59F/15C today which is VERY uncharacteristic for Ontario in MARCH!

img_6598

I expect the snow will be gone by end of today!!! Who hoo!!!

Oh She Glows Announcements:

1) Today is Day 14 of CFW! Can you believe it? I have not craved sugar since about day 9.

2) The unveiling of Oh She Glow’s new website will be THIS WEEKEND!!! Stay tuned for the official unveiling time! We were up late again working on it…and will probably be putting the finishing touches on it today/tonight. I really hope you all like it as much as I do!

3) Stay tuned later today for FAQ’s and my new kitchen scale

I leave you today with Madonna’s 5 workout Rules

1.  Stick to a time but be flexible.  Madonna leaves her home at 8am to workout.  Even if she’s had a late-night event, she still won’t skip her workout.  She’ll just head out at 10:00am instead!

2.  Ditch the crummy sweats.  The Material Girl always insists on having the coolest athletic clothes when she heads to the gym.  Studies have shown that what you wear reflects your attitude and can motivate you.  So, ditch those sweats you wore in high school and pick up some new gear!

3.  Change it up.  Madge is always mixing up her workout so she doesn’t get bored.  One day she’ll hit the gym and the next, she’s jogging in Central Park.

4.  Find friends who love to work out.  The singer works out with friends such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Stella McCartney and maybe we should follow her lead.  Having friends who share your interest can keep you motivated when you’re thinking about ditching the gym for a stop at the cupcake factory!

5.  Don’t overdo it.  Despite her ripped body, Madonna has said she never works out for more than 45 minutes!  This is plenty of time go achieve an amazing body as long as you follow Rule #1 and never skip your workouts.

What is your favourite workout rule or tip?

1 Coley March 6, 2009

To have a goal in mind. I sign up for races or triathlons to keep me motivated to keep up with workouts. Things like setting a new PR (personal record) also help! If I don’t have something to keep me accountable, I find I skip them more often.

2 VeggieGirl March 6, 2009

Aww Sketchie :-)

FABULOUS DRESS!!!

3 strawberryshortstuff March 6, 2009

My #1 rule is to not feel guilty if you have to skip a day – just make sure you’re back at it the next day!

It is warm here too! It is supposed to get up to 12 today! Yay!

Diana

4 haya March 6, 2009

your dress is absolutely gorgeous!

i’m super excited about this lovely weather. for the first time in ages, i’m down to my cycling jacket, one layer of pants, shirt, socks and no gloves! unfortunately my snow piles are too ginormous to be gone by today but i don’t care. i think i might start some outdoor runs soon! (i hadn’t planned to do this for another 2 weeks)

5 healthyhollywood March 6, 2009

Oh my goodness, Sketchie is TOO cute!!!! And that dress!!! Wow!!

Your photos made me really happy to be living in Southern California!! :)

By the way, I LOVE your detox drink!!!

6 FoodsThatFit March 6, 2009

Wow, that dress is stunning, and you are too!

I made a Brown Monster today by using Chocolate Almond Breeze instead of vanilla, so good!

7 Erin March 6, 2009

I love your blog!!
I am obsessed with green smoothies now and am trying to break my sugar habit. It’s gotten way out of hand in the last few weeks and you are such an inspiration!

8 The Almost City Girl March 6, 2009

My fav is the clothes reflecting your attitude, i need to fix up my gym wadrobe it is pretty crumby. It makes sense though when you dress nicely to go out you feel good so dressing nicely to work out should prob give you the same feeling!

your wedding dress is sooo pretty i never saw the detail in your other photos its so classy!

9 Hallie March 6, 2009

I hate to say it, but I don’t believe Madonna only works out for 45 minutes a day. She’s just too muscular! I don’t know…maybe it’s the truth…quality over quantity? Still…

My favorite tip is to tell yourself “I only have to do 10 minutes” when you don’t feel like working out. I always end up doing more, and it’s usually a great workout!

10 Lara (Thinspired) March 6, 2009

I really love your approach to the dress fitting. I think it’s wonderful that you aren’t depriving yourself, even in the short term, to fit into it. I can’t wait to see the finished product, head to toe!

11 Lesley March 6, 2009

Congrats on your fitting-better dress : )

I really like those workout tips … very achievable!

12 Kirsten March 6, 2009

Hi, I am sorry, but I am new to the blog, so I was wondering if you are all ready married? I have been looking at your beautiful wedding pictures, but then I saw that you are trying to slim down for your dress. Sorry about being so confused, I am just curious. Thanks!
P.S. Your dress is gorgeous!

13 Carlee March 6, 2009

the dress is beautiful; you must be so excited. Great work. What’s CFW?

14 Angela March 6, 2009

Thanks everyone! :)

Kirsten- Sorry for the confusion- haha, I guess I should have explained it better for my new readers!
I am already married, but Eric and I are modeling in a wedding photography workshop on March 15th :)

Carlee- CFW = Crap Free Week- I decided to cut out sugar for a week and now I am on day 14!

15 Courtney (The Hungry Yogini) March 6, 2009

I agree that wearing clothes you feel cute in make a big difference!!!

16 Michelle Hisae March 6, 2009

Mine is: get out into nature as much as possible. There’s something about the fresh air, foliage, and sun that motivates me so much. I just feel free when I’m outside as opposed to stuck in a stuffy gym.

17 Mara @ What's For Dinner? March 6, 2009

DANG IT! I can’t see the pictures at work! Congrats on day 14! thats amazing!

18 Sarah March 6, 2009

you look gorgeous in your dress!
my workout tip: do it in the morning, the earlier the better. get it over and done with then you feel like you’ve started your day off right. the farther the day goes on, the more excuses i can make to NOT work out if i dont do it in the am.

19 Leah March 6, 2009

You are so beautiful girlie! I’ve always thought your dress was so gorgeous.. wowie!

20 Joanne March 6, 2009

Angela,

I just want to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!
When I feel too lazy to workout, I go to your blog and read about your posts. Your excitement for exercise inspires me to move my lazy butt to the gym!!!!

p.s your wedding dress is gorgeous!!!

21 RunToFinish March 6, 2009

I finally made a green monster this morning, YUMM!!! thanks so much for inspiring me to do it

22 Marisa (Trim the Fat) March 6, 2009

You have me wanting to try the green monster, now!

Love your dress :)

23 Erin March 6, 2009

I don’t have a sugar addiction but I definitely am addicted to salt. I wonder if I should start a SFW (salt free week) and if I would notice any changes from that? hmm…

P.S. – beautiful dress!

24 Sweet and Fit March 6, 2009

Angela! that dress is absolutely gorgeous! you have such great taste =)

25 Kristine March 6, 2009

You look STUNNING in your dress!! I wouldn’t even be able to tell that you can’t zip it all the way. You have a great mentality, though! Have a great day and enjoy the weather! :)

26 innerwellness March 6, 2009

I admire your outlook toward fitting back into your wedding dress! Me and my husband’s first wedding anniversary is March 18 and I was planning to wear a fabulous little black dress for our evening plans but I tried it on a few days ago and it is definitely too tight. I can zip up the dress but I can barely breathe! So we are in the same boat! I am looking forward to seeing how you make cutbacks!

P.S. your wedding dress is absolutely amazing. You have wonderful fashion sense.

27 sgdish March 7, 2009

The dress is beautiful. Good luck with the healthy eating!