Dempster’s Healthy Way

Good afternoon!

I hope everyone is having a great Thursday. I am having a great + productive day. Luckily Eric’s car was finally ready to pick up at the shop, so he got his wheels back, which makes things easier on both of us. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that his car stays in working condition! The repairs came to almost $1500 (!!!!!!) and luckily the warranty covered $900 of it. The seller is supposed to be kicking in at least a couple hundred as well, but that hasn’t been confirmed yet. Personally, now that Eric has already paid in full, I am skeptical whether he will get any money out of the seller at all. I just have to take deeps breaths when I think about this entire situation!!

Moral of the story: Be very very careful when buying a used car!

On ward and upward! :D

I was hard at work all morning and into the afternoon without taking a break. If it hadn’t been for Polly’s delicious pink-back, I would have not stopped for lunch until very late. Polly made my homemade spelt wraps and after I checked them out, my tummy said FEED ME NOW! So I bolted to the kitchen around 1:30pm.

But before I get to my delicious lunch, let’s take a look at what I accomplished!

Crossing off the To-Do list:

• Booked spa package for next Friday (Eric got me a spa package for Christmas and I thought it would be a great time to use it so I can get a mani + pedi before the wedding shoot next Saturday!)
  • Followed up with Bone Scan results- they are IN- but I am waiting on my Dr. to get them and get back to me (my anxiety is through the roof!)
  • I spent about 2 hours researching food scales as I need to buy one. Finally I found one and then amazon.com wouldn’t ship it to Canada! And of course I couldn’t find it anywhere in Canada. So I had to start over. I finally settled on this Starfrit scale that Eric is going to pick me up on his way hom from work.
  • Then I ordered some Glo Bakery products (tons of unique cookie cutters, a few packages, and piping bags)
  • I ‘purchased’ my www.globakery.com domain! But guess what? I got it FREE! Thanks Blue Host! :)
  • I also emailed the local Farmer’s market and asked them about renting a booth for my bakery products

I have lots left to do today…

• I hope to have the category problem resolved by the end of the day (on the new website)
  • Continue working on the sidebars/updating broken links
  • GYM + yoga

Lunch was lovely leftovers!

I polished off the rest of the Chick Pea stir-fry from yesterday:

img 6564   Dempsters Healthy Way

And had more of my Vegetable Kale Soup:

img 65651   Dempsters Healthy Way

Sprinkled with paprika…

img 6557   Dempsters Healthy Way

I dined with a squirrel friend:

img 6556   Dempsters Healthy Way

I also got to sample a new product!

Our lovely friends at Dempster’s sent me 2 coupons to try their new bread:

img 6539   Dempsters Healthy Way

Dempster’s Healthy Way Pro Cardio Bread:

img 6570   Dempsters Healthy Way

This was the multigrain kind. The kinds available are white, wheat, and multigrain.

What this product offers:

• 5 grams of fibre per slice 110 kcals
  • 5-6 grams of protein per slice

The taste test?

• It was a fabulous tasting bread. It was thick, soft, and hearty. I loved that it has 5 grams of fibre and protein per serving. However, I was not a fan of the price-$3.49 per loaf. Since we are on a budget I doubt I will be buying this bread unless it was on sale.

Wedding Dress Plan:

• I was going to put Vegan Butter spread on my bread at lunch, but I realized I could save about 80-90 calories if I skipped it and just dipped my bread in the soup
  • I was going to scoop hummus onto my soup and stir fry, but instead I opted for paprika seasoning and saved about 60 calories or more. Since I had a ton of chickpeas in the stir fry I figured I wasn’t going to miss much!
  • Lunch savings: Approx. 150 calories

I am feeling like I am loosing some weight slowly but surely. I think my minor adjustments + exercise are adding up! I am going to try on the dress again either today or tomorrow and report if I feel any changes.

Well, I am off like a herd of turtles! LOL

I said this to Eric yesterday and he gave me a strange look. My parents used to always say this saying to me when I was young. :D

What are your favourite sayings? Do you have any catch phrases that you say that make you giggle? Any inside jokes or nicknames?

Lesley March 5, 2009

Congrats on your very productive sounding day so far! (That spa package for next Friday sounds pretty nice!! : )

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Maggie March 5, 2009

For the longest time I said “bald-faced lie” rather than “bold-faced lie”. What’s funny is that a lot of the words/sayings that we use now come about from silly mistakes like this. Like the word “peas” – it used to only be plural (like how hair can mean one hair or all your hair) – but since it had an s on the end, people started saying “pea” as the individual peas. Sorry, I’m a linguist nerd :) I really like stuff like that!

Leah March 5, 2009

Great day so far!

That lunch looks awesome.

Let me know when you get your results back!

Becca A March 5, 2009

I’ve never seen a squirrel like that before!

Carrie Lidzy March 5, 2009

I love your site so much! I would appreciate some tips on how to give up my sugar addiction, I saw that you have been not eating for about two weeks now! Thats awesome

dailygoods March 5, 2009

omg you have those crazy black squirrels! i’ve only seen them once before, in massachussets!

innerwellness March 5, 2009

Your lunch looks delicious! Good luck with trying on your dress soon! I am sure you will feel a difference in the way that it fits. Minor changes add up quickly :)

strawberryshortstuff March 5, 2009

your lunch looks great! good luck with the dress fitting! and that squirell looks totally normal to me! they must be special canadian squirells!
diana

brandi March 5, 2009

i hope all the car stuff gets figured out!

that bread sounds great

Dave March 5, 2009

Girl you are going far. Where do you find the energy to do all that you do!?
Multi-millionaire in th making!

ttfn300 March 5, 2009

never heard the herds of turtles :) but i laughed! GREAT idea for the farmers market!!

redheadyellowdog March 5, 2009

James and I just watched the movie “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” so for the past few days I’ve been singing the line “So long and thanks for all the fish!” randomly! James thinks I’m nuts.

Kristine March 5, 2009

Yay! Congrats on having such an accomplishing day! I have a question: are you trying to lose a specific amount of weight? Do you KNOW that you gained weight since your injury and how much weight you gained or can you just feel it and you are trying to get back to your “perfect wedding dress weight?” Sorry, that sounds confusing, haha, but I think you know what I mean! :) Hopefully! I just don’t know if you are going by specific numbers or on how you feel! Thank you!

SarahF March 5, 2009

Mmm…I buy that bread in multigrain and am completely in love with it. It’s so good-especially toasted with peanut butter and a sliced banana. I’m currently out but I need to buy more because I’m going through withdrawal without it! (It also makes great sandwiches-the bread’s just so hearty)

Jen March 5, 2009

Evil, EVIL bread! I bought a loaf on the weekend (on sale for $2.49) and made a turkey sandwich with it for lunch yesterday. That resulted in me sitting at my desk with a stomach ache for 2 hours…not fun! My tummy is very sensitive to pre/pro-biotics and omegas, so there must be some of those in there. How disappointing! I did try the whole wheat version last week and had no problems with that, but after my experience with the multigrain I am wary of buying it again. Bummer! Great fibre count for the calories, and it was a yummy bread. Enjoy a few slices for me!

Michelle Hisae March 5, 2009

That’s great that you’re feeling the positive effects already! Were you sore at all? I can’t believe it if you weren’t. Keep it up.

VeggieGirl March 5, 2009

Good luck with the bone scan results!!

Marianne March 6, 2009

I saw that bread at the store the other day, and was wondering if it was any good.

Kate October 29, 2009

Whenever I was a kid (and still as an adult) and would do something good, my mom would always say “good girl dry panties”. It was something my Pappap used to say to her and my aunts when they were little and learning how to potty train and not wear diapers anymore. Somehow it stuck and will most likely be something I pass on to my kids one day. We get some funny looks from friends if it slips out infront of them, but I guess that’s how our grandparents talked back in the day – talked about panties! LOL :)