What’s In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

Happy Friday!

I have a confession. In last night’s make-up bag post, I wasn’t being truthful to you all. The truth is, I was only scratching the surface with my make-up collection.

Hello. My name is Angela and I am a make-up hoarder.

I should be on Oprah.

So I thought I better come clean (literally!) and show you the rest of my stash. The good news is I reminded myself this morning why I don’t need any new make-up products for a very long time.

I should refer to this post when I feel the urge to buy the newest loot! I don’t know why I have been hanging onto most of these make-up products. Many of which failed me and I didn’t like. I hate throwing things out that I spent money on I guess! The rest are gifts that I just don’t have room for in my cabinet.

Missed Part 1?

So here you have it….the rest of my make-up including the horrible slipper bag!!!! I thought I threw this out! haha.

The red slipper bag + my black duffle bag of loot:

img 5874   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

Inside the black bag:

img 5876   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

One of the first gifts Eric ever bought me was the VS Heavenly perfume and lotion. I thought I had died and went to heaven literally! I love that stuff. Even though it is 8+ years old I can’t bear to part with it.

Bottom right corner- Ojon hair mask- while I heard great things about Ojon I absolutely hated this stuff! It left my hair so weighed down and greasy!

Inside the slipper bag:

img 5888   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

Note: I have never worn fake lashes even though I bought some for the wedding but was too scared to wear them in case they fell off!

Under my bathroom sink….because a simple drawer would never do:

img 5877   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

Got those on sale at Wal-Mart and never looked back!

Top drawer:

img 58781   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

My favourite VS perfume is Amber Romance….I wore it for the first time on my wedding day. :) Brings back great memories.

Next one down:

img 5883   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

And one down again:

img 5884   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

The beloved Ren products….expensive but have lasted me almost a year now and still going strong!

To purchase my favourite products see my shop here.

Bottom drawer:

img 5885   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

My beloved Sugar Tropic Tan Bronzer + Blush Duo:

img 5881   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

It smashed in the summer and I am too cheap to buy a new one until this one is gone!

img 5882   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

I use it everyday. I have to pick out one of the brozner pieces dust it off, apply the bronzer, and then dot the apples of my cheeks in pink. It could be worse, right? lol. I can’t say I like the mess though!

So there you have it. I came clean. I challenge all bloggers to do the same….link back to this post and start a chain of beauty junkie confessions! :) I can’t be the only one, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Along the line of coming clean, I have a delicious Green Smoothie today:

Pumpkin-Banana Smooth Green Smoothie

img 5866   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

The contents:

• 1 medium banana
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 Tbsp flax
  • 1 cup Low fat Vanilla Soymilk
  • 1 handful baby organic spinach
  • 2 organic kale leaves

img 5868   Whats In My Makeup Bag: Part 2

It was sooo smooth, pumpkin-y, and delicious!!! Definitely one of my favs!!!

Can you all believe how long the yellow daisies have held on?! These flowers are troopers! We’ve had this bunch for over a MONTH now I think. It must be stealing my smoothies or something. hehe. :D

See you this afternoon!

Time to go work on the Glo Bakery. :D

“Makeup is recession proof”

Do you agree with this quote or disagree and why?

dailygoods February 20, 2009

haha now THATS what i’m talking about! a true makeup junkie like me :) this post made me smileeeee. it’s liek youre my other half! I finally went through a lot of my makeup and tossed the stuff that i’d kept foreverrr it felt so good!

Angela February 20, 2009

hhaha I also meant to mention- this was my loot after throwing out half of it before we MOVED! :D

Dagne February 20, 2009

Haha I’m the same way! I have TONS of makeup and I have spent wayyy too much money on MAC (love it though!)

The slipper bag is cute!

joeandbetsy February 20, 2009

Wow, your makeup collection puts mine to SHAME! I literally have 4 things I use everyday and that is IT. The only thing I replace is mascara. But lately I’ve been thinking I need an upgrade…

brandi February 20, 2009

Now I’m motivated to go through my stuff :) I have so much stuff I don’t use!

VeggieGirl February 20, 2009

Hooray for Chanel makeup!! The only brand I trust :-D

Beckysue27 February 20, 2009

I was feeling a little bit like a makeup hoarder last night after your post but now my drawer of goodies feels just about right!! :-)
You’re too cute!

Sweet and Fit February 20, 2009

you are so funny! there nothing wrong with all that make-up…a girl needs little things that make her happy/feel better about herself.. I just need to get as organized as you are!

Danielle February 20, 2009

Haha, love it. You’re not the only product princess though, I can assure you ;)

jenni February 20, 2009

yep, another product hoarder here! i hold on to stuff i don’t like that much too. strange but true :)

i love being able to see what makeup you use though, always interesting!

Laura T February 20, 2009

Oh my, your gorgeous stash looks just like mine. I think I have the same stacking tote bins. Part of my huge addiction is that I am a total sucker for any of those “gift with purchase” deals. So I always buy some expensive product to get the gift which I store because I still have two similar items waiting. It does give me a nice feeling though to sometimes look thru my stuff and find all these suprises!!

Jeanne February 20, 2009

Happened to have almost everything for your smoothie. Didn’t have kale so used more spinach. Loved it. Froze the remaining portions of pumkin I didn’t use in 1/3 cup sections for future smoothies. Thanks for the great idea. Love your blog too.

Amanda February 20, 2009

I love the three-drawer organizer under your sink!

I’m not a make-up hoarder – so my make-up bag is pretty slim – but I still have my fair share of skincare products. Your stash isn’t just make-up – there is a difference. :)

healthyhollywood February 20, 2009

I have GOT to try that shake! It sounds absolutely delicious!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

foodsthatfit February 20, 2009

I have a huge makeup bag, but find there are 3-4 products I use daily and the rest just collect dust! I need to start using these more!

Laura February 20, 2009

I’m pretty sure we are product junkie soul mates. Except I love Ojon products (but I have reallyyyy thick hair). And I absolutely love your house (your kitchen = my dream kitchen) and your blog. Have a great weekend!

Marianne February 20, 2009

I was totally like that with my last bronzer – it was all broken into little bits, and I used it until the last little bit was gone!

And fake eyelashes aren’t scary – I’ve worn them many a time for skating, plus a few halloween costumes :D

Kris February 20, 2009

Oh.My.God.

lol

Kris February 20, 2009

PS- You are mom

lol

katecooks February 20, 2009

love this quote!

“Makeup is recession proof”

i work for a PR company in the beauty industry with some nail, hair, skin, and makeup clients, and we are doing great! thanks to a phenomenon called the lipstick index LOL. according to wikipedia: the lipstick index is a economic indicator. Purchases of cosmetics – lipstick in particular – tend to be inversely correlated to economic health. During bad economic times, purchases of cosmetics rise.

i really do think this is true! women make lots of cutbacks and economic sacrifices during hard times but beauty products seem to be small things you can still buy to really lift your mood. think about it! going on a date? job interview? feeling bummed? same old clothes? a new sparkly polish or gloss might help change that feeling.

i dont even wear all that much makeup!!! but i dont know anyone who has cut back on mascara, even though i know a lot of people who’ve cut back in general :)

carolinebee February 20, 2009

No worries- fellow hoarder here!! I have SO many mac eyeshadows in ridiculous, sparkly colors that I’ve worn once! :O Oh well, i love it! I kind of agree that is recession-proof, b/c women still want to look and feel beautiful, maybe more so during hard times…yet I myself have not bought a big make up purchase in a WHILE..i have no problem going the loreal route for lip gloss or blush. Luckily the pricey bronzers and face powder will last me! I agree with your philosophy (assumed) that health and beauty are two things we definitely deserve to treat ourselves to!! :D