A Look Inside My Makeup Bag

Good evening!

As I was getting ready in front of the bathroom mirror today, I thought what a fun post it would be to take a look inside my makeup bags!

I don’t know about you, but I always love seeing what other women have lurking in their prized make-up bags. I wonder, what do their make-up bags look like? Do they use an old stand by or are they the type of person that updates their bag often?

I was always the ‘old stand by’ make-up bag lady. In fact, my make-up bags used to be so worn and dirty that I wouldn’t even show them on this website if I hadn’t bought a new one last summer. I don’t know why I held on to my old make-up bag for so long. I mean…my new one has only brought me so much joy since I purchased it at Sephora. It was cheap + cute– how could I go wrong? I mean, I do stare at it at least a couple times a day, so why not have a make-up bag that looks half decent?!

I am a bit embarassed to admit this to you all, but my old make-up bag was actually not even a make-up bag. It was a bag that a pair of slippers came in one year for Christmas. I liked it because it was huge and held all my crap, but I could never find a darn thing. It was so hideous- red and covered in make-up gunk. Just disgusting.

So sometime last summer I purchased a bright new + sparkly make-up bag. I felt like I had a new lease on life as I exchanged bags that day in my bathroom. Each morning I would stare at this make-up bag and wonder how I lived so long without this beautiful spectacle greeting me in the bathroom each day.

And so I present to you….my make-up bag and all of its contents:

img_5838

img_5839

img_5841

The contents:

• Sephora mini travel brush + mirror (I always have one in my purse and bring with me on trips)
  • band-aid (injury prone!)
  • A few assorted mascaras
  • Vichy cover up (I used for a scar on my wedding day)
  • Blistex lip balm (a cult favourite)
  • a toothbrush (not used!) for eyebrows
  • Tweezerman tweezers
  • Quo eyebrow powder + wax (I don’t use the wax part)
  • Mac Cover Up (the best cover up ever!)
  • Mac eyeshadow
  • Annabelle Eyeshadow pale pink
  • Mac make up brushes
  • pencil sharpener
  • Too Faced Liquify-eye  wet + dry eye shadow

img_5842

What I actually use each day:

img_5846

My mini MAC make-up bag I got as a gift. I carry this in my purse:

img_5851

The contents:

• Clinique lip gloss in very berry
  • Bath & Body works pink lip gloss
  • Rimmel Vinyl lip gloss
  • hair ties + clip
  • mini perfume (I filled an empty one with my favourite Victorias Secret Perfume)
  • Clean + Clear oil blotting sheets (love these!)
  • Band-aid (again, injury prone)
  • Revlon compact powder + broken powder brush
  • lip balm from Skinlogics

So there you have it- my beauty loot. I didn’t show you the huge bag of old makeup though. Not sure why I am still holding onto all my old makeup that I don’t use. Maybe I will get the courage to post a picture of that some day….

Now my question to you is….

What are your favourite products in your make up bag? Do you bring a mini make up bag in your purse with you?

I challenge all fellow bloggers to show us what is inside your make up bag! :D Weeeee

For all of you who have an eye sore for a make-up bag….I am giving you permission to go buy a new one- THIS WEEK! :D You are worth it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.~Timothy Bentley

Diana February 20, 2009

i NEED a new make up bag big time! i also need a new mascara – anyone have any suggestions?

Jackie February 20, 2009

How fun! I have the exact same bag, except it is pink and green striped. I had a nasty old stand by bag that was a free gift from Clinique when I was in college I needed somethig bigger so I treated myself. I love it!

Colleen February 20, 2009

You are adorable! Something fun and light it just what I needed on this Friday morning!

When can we expect a new product review? I bought that mascara that you reviewed (in the yellow tube) and I love it! I always wipe all the goop off before I use it, but it goes on just the way I like. :) No scary tarantula lashes here!

Sarah February 20, 2009

How fun! I do need a new makeup bag. Do I have your permission/orders to buy all new makeup for it too? :)

I think I have that Rimmell lip gloss and I love it! Even more than my Mac lipgloss. Love me a bargain too.

Hayley February 20, 2009

Ooh, what a fun post! I also love seeing what’s in others’ makeup bags…and come to think of it, what’s in their fridges, closets – you name it! haha. Does that make me nosy? :) I have this homely looking ziploc bag where I keep all the makeup that I don’t use – and will never use again for that matter. I just can’t bring myself to throw it out! What’s wrong with us?! ;)

Oooh, and I got a really exciting package in the mail today. My very own “Do U Glo?” tank! It’s really cute, form fitting and surprisingly soft! Thanks for the extra surprise as well!

Bec February 20, 2009

clean and clear oil blotting sheets are amazing!

kaneil February 19, 2009

Loved this post! My bag is pretty plain – not too hideous, but not the cutest one I’ve ever had. Daily must haves: under eye concealer, liner, mascara and blush. The rest is extra! I’m dying to buy a new NARS bronzer and blush and some Lancome mascara…maybe sooner rather than later! :)

Kaneil, balanceisbest

Sally February 19, 2009

I don’t keep my makeup in a bag, just in the top drawer of my dresser. My daily goods:
Covergirl tinted moisurizer
MAC mineralize power
Ulta silver eyshadow in the inner corners of my eyes

Marissa February 19, 2009

I have seriously seen a million people who use that mascara!

Wiggs February 19, 2009

Oooooh, girl, I already did a makeup post. I actually have an entire chest of drawers devoted to my makeup (it took two suitcases to lug it out here when we moved cross-country last fall). I did a highlight of my products, since there are too many to possibly ever cover in one sitting. :)

dailygoods February 19, 2009

oh mannnn i love makeup and mine is full. i have one that is filled with all my stuff i use most daily, and then another one filled with other stuff i’ve collected. i am a makeup junkie!

Marianne February 19, 2009

My make up bag is like an advertisement for MAC. I think slowly, but surely, I’ve replaced almost everything with MAC stuff. Can’t live without my concealer, bronzer, eyebrow mascara, and regular mascara. I am the palest person ever, with blond eyelashes & eyebrows, so that’s the base I’ll always put on.

The only makeup I carry in my purse are 2 MAC lipglass glosses.

You have reminded me I need new eyebrow mascara & regular mascara. Perhaps I will go shopping this weekend!

Anonymous February 19, 2009

i love that mac makeup!! it is A GOD SEND!

Mariel February 19, 2009

Hi…I really enjoyed reading this post! I was wondering do you wear foundation or just cover up. If you do wear foundation, what brand? I’ve tried so many and still haven’t found a great one.

Thanks!

Priyanka February 19, 2009

I told you once some time back, I am a nosy person and I love watching what’s in others refrigerator, bag, make up bag etc.

It was so much fun to watch this, I think I can do mine too!!

VeggieGirl February 19, 2009

Love this!! :-D

marafaye February 19, 2009

HOW FUN!! hmm… maybe i’ll post mine!