A Look Inside My Makeup Bag

Good evening!

As I was getting ready in front of the bathroom mirror today, I thought what a fun post it would be to take a look inside my makeup bags!

I don’t know about you, but I always love seeing what other women have lurking in their prized make-up bags. I wonder, what do their make-up bags look like? Do they use an old stand by or are they the type of person that updates their bag often?

I was always the ‘old stand by’ make-up bag lady. In fact, my make-up bags used to be so worn and dirty that I wouldn’t even show them on this website if I hadn’t bought a new one last summer. I don’t know why I held on to my old make-up bag for so long. I mean…my new one has only brought me so much joy since I purchased it at Sephora. It was cheap + cute- how could I go wrong? I mean, I do stare at it at least a couple times a day, so why not have a make-up bag that looks half decent?!

I am a bit embarassed to admit this to you all, but my old make-up bag was actually not even a make-up bag. It was a bag that a pair of slippers came in one year for Christmas. I liked it because it was huge and held all my crap, but I could never find a darn thing. It was so hideous- red and covered in make-up gunk. Just disgusting.

So sometime last summer I purchased a bright new + sparkly make-up bag. I felt like I had a new lease on life as I exchanged bags that day in my bathroom. Each morning I would stare at this make-up bag and wonder how I lived so long without this beautiful spectacle greeting me in the bathroom each day.

And so I present to you….my make-up bag and all of its contents:

img 5838   A Look Inside My Makeup Bag

img 5839   A Look Inside My Makeup Bag

img 5841   A Look Inside My Makeup Bag

The contents:

• Sephora mini travel brush + mirror (I always have one in my purse and bring with me on trips)
  • band-aid (injury prone!)
  • A few assorted mascaras
  • Vichy cover up (I used for a scar on my wedding day)
  • Blistex lip balm (a cult favourite)
  • a toothbrush (not used!) for eyebrows
  • Tweezerman tweezers
  • Quo eyebrow powder + wax (I don’t use the wax part)
  • Mac Cover Up (the best cover up ever!)
  • Mac eyeshadow
  • Annabelle Eyeshadow pale pink
  • Mac make up brushes
  • pencil sharpener
  • Too Faced Liquify-eye  wet + dry eye shadow

img 5842   A Look Inside My Makeup Bag

What I actually use each day:

img 5846   A Look Inside My Makeup Bag

My mini MAC make-up bag I got as a gift. I carry this in my purse:

img 5851   A Look Inside My Makeup Bag

The contents:

• Clinique lip gloss in very berry
  • Bath & Body works pink lip gloss
  • Rimmel Vinyl lip gloss
  • hair ties + clip
  • mini perfume (I filled an empty one with my favourite Victorias Secret Perfume)
  • Clean + Clear oil blotting sheets (love these!)
  • Band-aid (again, injury prone)
  • Revlon compact powder + broken powder brush
  • lip balm from Skinlogics

So there you have it- my beauty loot. I didn’t show you the huge bag of old makeup though. Not sure why I am still holding onto all my old makeup that I don’t use. Maybe I will get the courage to post a picture of that some day….

Now my question to you is….

What are your favourite products in your make up bag? Do you bring a mini make up bag in your purse with you?

I challenge all fellow bloggers to show us what is inside your make up bag! :D Weeeee

For all of you who have an eye sore for a make-up bag….I am giving you permission to go buy a new one- THIS WEEK! :D You are worth it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.~Timothy Bentley

marafaye February 19, 2009

HOW FUN!! hmm… maybe i’ll post mine!

VeggieGirl February 19, 2009

Love this!! :-D

Priyanka February 19, 2009

I told you once some time back, I am a nosy person and I love watching what’s in others refrigerator, bag, make up bag etc.

It was so much fun to watch this, I think I can do mine too!!

Mariel February 19, 2009

Hi…I really enjoyed reading this post! I was wondering do you wear foundation or just cover up. If you do wear foundation, what brand? I’ve tried so many and still haven’t found a great one.

Thanks!

Anonymous February 19, 2009

i love that mac makeup!! it is A GOD SEND!

Marianne February 19, 2009

My make up bag is like an advertisement for MAC. I think slowly, but surely, I’ve replaced almost everything with MAC stuff. Can’t live without my concealer, bronzer, eyebrow mascara, and regular mascara. I am the palest person ever, with blond eyelashes & eyebrows, so that’s the base I’ll always put on.

The only makeup I carry in my purse are 2 MAC lipglass glosses.

You have reminded me I need new eyebrow mascara & regular mascara. Perhaps I will go shopping this weekend!

dailygoods February 19, 2009

oh mannnn i love makeup and mine is full. i have one that is filled with all my stuff i use most daily, and then another one filled with other stuff i’ve collected. i am a makeup junkie!

Wiggs February 19, 2009

Oooooh, girl, I already did a makeup post. I actually have an entire chest of drawers devoted to my makeup (it took two suitcases to lug it out here when we moved cross-country last fall). I did a highlight of my products, since there are too many to possibly ever cover in one sitting. :)

Marissa February 19, 2009

I have seriously seen a million people who use that mascara!

Sally February 19, 2009

I don’t keep my makeup in a bag, just in the top drawer of my dresser. My daily goods:
Covergirl tinted moisurizer
MAC mineralize power
Ulta silver eyshadow in the inner corners of my eyes

kaneil February 19, 2009

Loved this post! My bag is pretty plain – not too hideous, but not the cutest one I’ve ever had. Daily must haves: under eye concealer, liner, mascara and blush. The rest is extra! I’m dying to buy a new NARS bronzer and blush and some Lancome mascara…maybe sooner rather than later! :)

Kaneil, balanceisbest

Bec February 20, 2009

clean and clear oil blotting sheets are amazing!

Hayley February 20, 2009

Ooh, what a fun post! I also love seeing what’s in others’ makeup bags…and come to think of it, what’s in their fridges, closets – you name it! haha. Does that make me nosy? :) I have this homely looking ziploc bag where I keep all the makeup that I don’t use – and will never use again for that matter. I just can’t bring myself to throw it out! What’s wrong with us?! ;)

Oooh, and I got a really exciting package in the mail today. My very own “Do U Glo?” tank! It’s really cute, form fitting and surprisingly soft! Thanks for the extra surprise as well!

Sarah February 20, 2009

How fun! I do need a new makeup bag. Do I have your permission/orders to buy all new makeup for it too? :)

I think I have that Rimmell lip gloss and I love it! Even more than my Mac lipgloss. Love me a bargain too.

Colleen February 20, 2009

You are adorable! Something fun and light it just what I needed on this Friday morning!

When can we expect a new product review? I bought that mascara that you reviewed (in the yellow tube) and I love it! I always wipe all the goop off before I use it, but it goes on just the way I like. :) No scary tarantula lashes here!

Jackie February 20, 2009

How fun! I have the exact same bag, except it is pink and green striped. I had a nasty old stand by bag that was a free gift from Clinique when I was in college I needed somethig bigger so I treated myself. I love it!

Diana February 20, 2009

i NEED a new make up bag big time! i also need a new mascara – anyone have any suggestions?