What’s Inside My Fridge: Part 3

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on January 7, 2009

Hey there!

Another late morning post….man it is a good thing I don’t have too many days off or all my posts would be out of wack!

I have been running around like a mad woman today getting stuff done.

I was debating for the longest time whether I would take an off day or a run day. I knew I was due for a tempo run after looking at my Run schedule, but I also was feeling sore from the 30-Day Shred workout I did yesterday. I played it by ear all morning and finally decided that I felt fine enough to ‘try’ out a tempo run.

I said to myself, “If I am not feeling it, then I can stop and call it a day” [Whenever I say this to myself I almost always end up finishing the workout!]

I admit, my legs were tired. Tired. Tired. T-i-r-e-d. It probably should have been a rest day as my shins were sore from that mean, old Jillian Michaels.

What I did was I stopped every 1/2 mile to 1 mile for a quick 10 second break. This was enough to get me through the 4-mile tempo run!

The workout:

• 0.10 mile walking warm-up, 4.0 mph, incline 3%
  • 4 mile tempo run [1 mile 6.0 mph; 2 miles 7.0 mph; 1 mile 6.0 mph; all at incline 3%]
  • 0.17 mile walking cool down, 4.0 mph, incline 3%
  • Total duration: 41:22
  • Max Heart Rate: 170 bpm (87% of max)
  • Avg Heart rate: 154 bpm (79% of max)
  • Feel the burn: 350 kcals

What other body parts are sore after my 30-Day Shred workout?

• Glutes (!!!) owwww…lots of squatting
  • Biceps
  • Shoulders
  • Shins

This workout is going to kick my butt! I can’t wait to do it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the next installment in my ‘What’s Inside my Fridge’ Posts:

You can find the Homemade Larabar Recipe here

See you ths afternoon for an awesome VIDEO FAQ post on how I lost the weight.

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.
~Greg Anderson

By the way- make sure you go on over to Zesty Cook’s website and check out his Fundamentals of Photography book giveaway contest!

girlrunningaround January 7, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Great run! I’m trying Jillian’s Level 2 tonight, so I’ll probably just as sore tomorrow.

Another great quote!

Melissa January 7, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Good run! It’s great to know that you got your money’s worth on the dvd.

I am sorry if I missed this, but did you ever discuss the title of the blog? Also what type of jeans did you wear in the video if you don’t mind me asking :)

Have a great day off!

Andrea [bella eats] January 7, 2009 at 2:38 pm

I’m loving catching up on your blog! I’ll have to watch the videos later when I’m not at work…shhhh. :) At this point my only running goal for 2009 is to finish the Charlottesville 10-miler on April 5th and to re-evaluate my goals after that. I know that your running page will be very inspiring, I love the idea of setting a mileage goal for the entire year. I’m going to have to think long and hard about that one… Happy Wednesday!

The Running Yogini January 7, 2009 at 3:01 pm

Good job making it a running day even though you weren’t feeling it! Tempos are always the hardest for me, but I love my intervals and LSDs :)

VeggieGirl January 7, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Hooray for running and for more great fridge finds!! :-D

crewser January 7, 2009 at 3:36 pm

congrats! i’ve done the jillian michael’s workouts and they are tough. they offer them for free through my cable company which is perfect for working out at home :)

thanks for the tour of your fridge/pantry. just curious, do you find your grocery bills are much higher buying organic/specaiity products? we have some great health food stores but they are so much more expensive.

dailygoods January 7, 2009 at 3:48 pm

I loveee the Jillian Michaels dvd! I can never believe how sore i am from just a 20 minute workout! You might also like Jackie Warner’s workout dvd, its awesome too. There are 3 20 minute sections, upper body, lower body, and core. It’s a killer too!