I closed my eyes and pictured my honeymoon.
I felt the sweet, warm air of the Mediterranean.
Eric and I were lying on the sundeck in lounge chairs of the cruise ship.
She was beautiful, wasn’t she?
I was listening to pop music on my ipod. I was at one with the world.
There was no negativity, no stress, no hate. Just love. Sweet, sweet love.
And breaths. Sighs. Laughs. Giggles. Smiles.
The sun warmed my skin and the water cooled my throat.>
I was at one.
This was the mini-mediatation I did today. Drastic times call for drastic measures! Stress has been at an all time high recently.
Thanks to everyone for their tips on reducing stress at the workplace (or school). I am going to try to make a point to incorporate more de-stressing habits into my days.
FAQ’s Continued…. :D
12. Jennifer asks, “What is your favourite brand of peppermint tea?”
- Answer: I currently love President’s Choice Organic Peppermint Tea (It’s a Canadian Brand)
13. Leah asks, “Did Eric have a veggie burger and salad as well?”
- Answer: YES! He basically eats whatever I put in front of him. :D I do all the cooking, so over time, he has learned to ‘appreciate’ healthy cooking….even though at first he was very resistant!
14. Jenn asks, “What time of day do you do resistance exercises?”
- Since I am so rushed in the morning, I tend to do most of my resistance exercises at night time while I watch a favourite TV program! It helps the time pass quickly.
15. Kristin asks, “How do I get a cat like Sketchie?”
- Answer: We got our cat from a Breeder named Rex from here: http://www.amberwoodbengals.com/ I just looked at their available kittens and I want one now! haha
16. Jenn asks, “How do you like the CG Smoothers Pressed Powder?”
- Well, folks, I tried it today and I was rather unimpressed. :( It was very ‘dusty’ and chalk-like’! Nothing like my prized Shishedo powder (that is now gone!). I will use it up because I hate to waste, but I will forever remember my high-end powder! R.I.P. LOL. :D
17. Jenny asks, “I have one question for you – I noticed that you have cut out all artificial sweeteners … I know that they are bad for you, and I tend to avoid them myself, but did you have any specific reasons for quitting other than the fact that they are bad for you??
- Well, I cut them out for a couple of reasons actually. 1) I read reports that artificial sweeteners actually may cause you to eat more because they reduce your sensitivity to sweet foods, and 2) Artificial sweeteners have a low Ph level (highly acidic), which studies show, is not good for overall health and functioning. I feel much, much better since cutting them out. But remember- they sneak it in everywhere- I had to cut out all gum, for example. It’s in everything!
Ok, more later…see you tonight! :D